NEXT 6 Fixtures (inc LC)

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

My Predication

only My opinion.......................

Sheff U L
Colchester D (pens)
Stoke L
Bournemouth L
Luton D
Barnsley W

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

4 points from 5 games and tough games would not be a disaster but I think we will do better.

Macca4

Post by Macca4 »

berti auld wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:41 pm 4 points from 5 games and tough games would not be a disaster but I think we will do better.
I agree Berti, I wouldn’t argue with Jeff’s predictions but I fancy us to beat Stoke at home 😀

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Nobody is predicting us to best Colchester. Still haunted by Cambridge and Portsmouth thenlast two times?

Surely Lee isn't going to throw the reserves out after the history with him, us and that competition.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Pashun wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 am Nobody is predicting us to best Colchester. Still haunted by Cambridge and Portsmouth thenlast two times?

Surely Lee isn't going to throw the reserves out after the history with him, us and that competition.
I would. A quick exit would be ideal. A decent league finish should be our only concern this year.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:38 am I would. A quick exit would be ideal. A decent league finish should be our only concern this year.
We have enough players to have a good go at the cups and still a couple to come.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

berti auld wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:50 am We have enough players to have a good go at the cups and still a couple to come.
Maybe, but he clearly wants a couple out too along with probably some more development loans. Add to that the chance of realistically winning anything, I genuinely just think it’s a distraction. Like the last season fans were allowed in, our FA Cup peaked at Leicester... Great as it was local but ordinarily it’s not a big or exciting game etc. I’d be quite happy to throw in the towel for all cups and get a good solid league performance in.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

If we had a chance of promotion I'd agree but I don't think anyone's really expecting us to go up and if we get relegated it won't be because of the cup games. I'd rather us at least try to get a bit further this year then consolidate a 14th spot in the table. How many times recently have we been knocked out the cup early and still had a rubbish season in the league?

If anything I think it's a good game to try out different tactics/formations.

I think he'll play a mix of starters and bench players from the game on Saturday anyway.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I think it may be then he will play the lads who need minutes if they are available e.g sunjic Graham

I know it would be nice to concentrate on the league games but I feel losing to a low league opposition early on like we have in recent seasons puts a bit of a dampener on things before we have really got under way

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:54 am Maybe, but he clearly wants a couple out too along with probably some more development loans. Add to that the chance of realistically winning anything, I genuinely just think it’s a distraction. Like the last season fans were allowed in, our FA Cup peaked at Leicester... Great as it was local but ordinarily it’s not a big or exciting game etc. I’d be quite happy to throw in the towel for all cups and get a good solid league performance in.
Our greatest achievements have come in Cups.
I love them. I hate throwing any competitive game