If he goes surely not pulis

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Jimthehat

Post by Jimthehat »

Don’t know if it’s true or not but rumours circulating that pulis could be a replacement after millwall game.Just hope it’s social media waffle

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

We’d heard the same thing last week. Not sure Dong/Pullis would have a good relationship, but who knows if Dong will still be around?
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Pulis isnt the answer.
If ownership doesn't change Zhao needs to bring in a CEO to run it all, who is an issue. But perhaps Garry Cook would be able to come in at least to steady the ship? We need a manager also that has more about him and youth and will work over the course of a few years to re build without a pressure to get promotion. If it truly makes no odds what league we are in then patience will be there surely. For me it should be Howe or someone that isnt a Pulis or Pearson etc. FFS even the owner of Sheff got rid of Pulis after a few games as he didnt see the football he wanted.. he is the oppo of what we want or need

Oz

Post by Oz »

Could you imagine if we got Pulis. Talk about lowest common denominator football, Jesus H Christ.

We need fresh, young and British. As much as I wanted the Spanish style to work under Pep, managerial decisions over his head put pay to that.

It’s either Cook, Ryan Lowe and the like now. An emphasis on younger players too. Start again.

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

As Kristoff mentioned it was doing the rounds last week and it could be another link to Alonso considering his connections at Sheff W. Personally I wouldn't want Pulis, but short-term until the end of the season I could sort of see sense in him or a Pearson type as the players need a rocket up them. Pulis and Chansiri were a disaster waiting to happen at Sheff W, Pulis probably would've gone even of they'd done well in that period. I think Dong and Pulis would probably be the same, so Dong would have to be relieved too. As it is, Dong is not a fan of British managers because he believes they are too primitive.

I think we can forget Howe, even now his stock and profile is too high for our predicament.

It is a tough situation, because if they make a move for long-term they need to do it with a plan for relegation in mind as well as keeping us up, someone they know can get us out of L1 if it doesn't work out immediately. Either they do that or they make a short-term appointment to get us out of the sh*t now and worry about longer term in the summer.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

What a horrible situation. Whatever alternative future that has any positivity about it requires the removal of Dong. Well, that's been the case since his appointment!

FrankyWorthington

Post by FrankyWorthington »

Paul Cook would be a good shout for me. More passion, calls a spade a spade and if we do drop he’s a good fit for the League below.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’ve resigned myself to Tony Pullis now 🤣
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I can’t see Dong sacking kranky he was very adamant that he is the man he wants and didn’t sound to be in any doubt,

I even think he would stick with him if we got relegated

Dong has to go first if we want kranky gone IMO

We are f****ed