A message to Dong

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Maybe I'm reading the site wrong. I'll PM and see where I'm going wrong

almajir

Post by almajir »

All you have to do is to click the company links to see who is involved with each company.

The only one that has both Dong and Zhao is this one - https://aiqicha.baidu.com/company_detail_15758402788423 - which I'm 99% sure is indirectly owned by BSH

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I must have been reading the page incorrectly.
I noticed that Dong is a legal representative of a fair few companies. It made me wonder though and you may be able to advise if I am correct, but due to the EFL rules stating that conditions can stem outside of UK duristiction, then why can the EFL not look at the following:

Ren Xuandong legal representative of Beijing Baixuan Victory Alliance Sports Technology Co., Ltd. His status is revoked and in red at the top it states revoked, Dishonest person...

The company you are on about I think is Birmingham (Beijing) Sports Co Ltd, with Dong as General Manager and Zhao as the legal representative.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Ah, few things against that one company it seems and I see now what you were talking about regarding limitations of high consumption. 11 counts on there. 5 Court Notices, 3 counts dishonest person (is this Dong Ren specifically, its not clear), one equity freeze against him and a few more things of interest. Naughty boy..

So why the hell does this not count with respect to the following:

EFL Appendix 3
What can be defined as a 'Dishonest Act'

'Dishonest Act' means any act which could reasonably be considered to be dishonest. 'Disqualifying Condition' means all or any of the following:
(ii) by a professional body (including, by way of example and without limitation, The Law Society, Bar Council or the Institute of Chartered Accountants, equivalent bodies in any other jurisdiction,
whether directly (for example a sanction against the individual in particular) or indirectly (for example a direction to persons subject to the jurisdiction of the sanctioning body that they should not employ, contract with or otherwise engage or retain the services of the person in question);

Company disqualification matters:
(i) a disqualification order as a director under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986;
(ii) the terms of an undertaking given to the Secretary of State under that Act; or
(iii) any like sanction pursuant to similar provisions in any other jurisdiction,

Insolvency matters are also mentioned as well as the statement extending to arrangements or orders in other jurisdictions that had similar effects as to what is described.

I do wonder just why there isnt anything there the EFL can use.. and why do they not WANT to.

almajir

Post by almajir »

The full text of the email I received in reply from them about those court orders.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Whilst we note your query, we are unable to comment on any specific individuals at Clubs.

Generally speaking all ‘relevant persons’ at all our Clubs are required to submit information on an ongoing basis in order to comply with the Owners and Directors test, however this remains private and confidential.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny
Supporter Services Department
EFL

I'd also say that you need to look at every detail of the court documents carefully; translations are difficult to rely on without context and having spent a few weeks reading them with my limited knowledge of Mandarin I'm still not 100% sure what "revoked" means.