What will happen next?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
KROJim

Post by KROJim »

So what do we think will happen next then?

Nothing before Wednesdays game

Dong to be removed today or Tomorrow?

Will Karanka go with Dong or after?

#Zhaobomb loading...

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I think Dong is wishful thinking, but we can still hope.

I think it’s sensible to have a manager lined up to take over before you sack one, but at this point I’m not sure that we don’t just get Gardner to hold the reigns until...
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

almajir

Post by almajir »

If Zhao was going to sack Dong he'd have done it by now one would think.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

almajir wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 am If Zhao was going to sack Dong he'd have done it by now one would think.
You’d think, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt, that he had a busy weekend... 😬

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Good to see you on here Dan!

I agree, wishful thinking and Chris for sure its been a busy weekend.

If it is the case that Zhao needs to ensure a plan is in place once Dong is removed then fine by me, but longer he is here the more damage will be done.

Time will tell for sure but I hope it doesnt take HKSE to get involved in order for them to take action

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Dong said in his interview on Friday that he is '100% behind Karanka'. We will see how genuine that support is when the pressure is on.

As regards to what comes next. Bowyer would jump at the chance but I'm not completely sold on him. Cook would be a good option but could choose to bide his time and wait for a better / more stable opportunity. After that, I'm stumped. People calling for Eddie Howe are deluded if they think he would touch us with a barge pole.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

There’s no doubt in my mind that Dong is 100% behind Karanka, and I can’t see him going back on that. Let’s hope that decision is taken out of his hands.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Thats all we can hope for. I have a feeling that Zhao probably doesnt know what to do, in reality. He has no idea what Dong does or where he would begin. Damned if he does damned if he doesnt.

Roll on Wednesday, I just hope for a little more fight from the players. I really cannot imagine why Karanka would turn around and comment like he did. That will do nothing for them all, but why publicly call them out unless he is hoping to be sacked or just that he feels he has no other choice but to call the players out on it. Im sure I am repeating myself but I will always wonder if a sports psychologist would have been money well spent, especially to help the players that have had to endure a few seasons of relegation fighting now.