What do we ‘really’ want?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:42 pm First and foremost I want a competently run football club that can eventually become self sustainable.
This. A million times over.

Of course, by the nature of being a supporter, you want your team to win every game and finish as high up the pyramid as possible.

But I don't support Birmingham City for trophies and season-upon-season success. If I craved that, I'd be an armchair plastic.

There's three simple ingredients with what I want to see from Blues, regardless of whether we're in the Premier League or League Two:

1. A strong connection with the ownership, manager & players on the pitch. A feeling of unity and trust that everybody is pulling in the right direction and for the right reasons. This is usually coupled with a 'long term vision' communicated from the club's hierarchy. None of which exists right now.

2. A commitment to developing young, local talent to come through to the first team and/or a smart recruitment strategy to develop the best British-based talent. A willingness to back young, talented managers too.

3. A club which connects with local communities and invests in schemes & facilities to benefit local Birmingham people.

With those core principles in place, I'm a proud, happy fan.

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

berti auld wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 am Sapfo what is wwjo???
We will journey on forum

Barton1875

Post by Barton1875 »

A sustainable, community driven identity.