What do we ‘really’ want?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

Do we want EPL football? It’s the jackpot that changes the club forever nowadays.

Do we want to finish 7th in the Chumps consistently, competing every week, but not quite getting there. Similar to TF days I suppose.

Do we want mid table?

What do we want?

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

First and foremost I want a competently run football club that can eventually become self sustainable.

Of course I want us to do well on the pitch, become a force in the championship, get promoted and over time compete for trophies, but I don’t really feel that any of that is possible while the club is run in the way it is now.

I just want my club to be run properly more than anything right now.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

sapfo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:36 pm Do we want EPL football? It’s the jackpot that changes the club forever nowadays.

Do we want to finish 7th in the Chumps consistently, competing every week, but not quite getting there. Similar to TF days I suppose.

Do we want mid table?

What do we want?
This might be a good question for us to discuss on the next podcast seeing as there’s lots of stuff to talk about regarding Dong/The owners.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:49 pm This might be a good question for us to discuss on the next podcast seeing as there’s lots of stuff to talk about regarding Dong/The owners.
You can discuss it. I’ll just read my post out loud.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

I’ve always say 7th will do me. We win more than we lose, but always competing.

Jimbulance

Post by Jimbulance »

It would be nice if we were like Brentford have been over recent years. They don’t really spend vast amounts of money(ok Ivan Toney was a bit),always seem to find real quality players for relatively low fees,play good football and will again be in and around the playoffs if not top two.
I’m not bothered at all about the EPL. It’s great fun getting there by wining most weeks and gaining promotion,but once there unless you spend a fortune or have a very good squad/manager already you just get beat every week. Your only hope is you survive the first season and slowly build.
I’d be more than happy to just have a good team that competes and we can go into any match day with a chance of winning.
The TF & Brucie managerial days were brilliant! What I’d give for a Brian Hughes,Gary mcsheffrey or Chris Marsden now.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I just want progress, so this sadness around our club goes away. I love the posts on this site so many quality posters and so much sense. I wish this site ran the club but sadly you don't Kro.

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

It’s a good site this, and hopefully much material for the podcast, where you guys can be our ‘unofficial’ voice, as no doubt the podcast is heard. I’m sure many of you guys also read WWJO too, as I do. SHA is a bit of a mess, and I’m glad 2 other sites are now active for the exiles of both sites I miss reading from in a more causal setting.

KRO

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Sapfo what is wwjo???

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:42 pm First and foremost I want a competently run football club that can eventually become self sustainable.

Of course I want us to do well on the pitch, become a force in the championship, get promoted and over time compete for trophies, but I don’t really feel that any of that is possible while the club is run in the way it is now.

I just want my club to be run properly more than anything right now.
I cannot echo this enough. Just to have someone competent at the club to run it properly would be great. We can but hope. Things do not last forever.