Podcast: This is a Sweary Podcast

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
We Are Birmingham

Post by We Are Birmingham »

The guys jump into recording a podcast straight after the defeat to Millwall to discuss the game and look back at the dire performance against Luton. They also spend time dissecting a number of Dong's comments from his BBC WM interview with Richard Wilford...

https://www.wearebirmingham.co.uk/podca ... y-podcast/

Oz

Post by Oz »

Will have a listen this morning. Cracking job getting these out as reaction pods

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Oz wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:33 am Will have a listen this morning. Cracking job getting these out as reaction pods
Cheers bud. We struggle as my studio is my bedroom and the missus wants to go to bed! Got it done though!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Good pod guys. Having a listen right now.

The bit on throw-ins made me laugh. Even when we're losing and we win a throw in the final third, there's absolutely no urgency to get the ball back into play.

I think it's a product of the manager's general mentality. Thinking it's too risky to perhaps look for a quick one, as we may lose the ball when we haven't 'set' into our shape (whatever that is), rather than the players having belief that catching the opposition off-guard may be of benefit.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Cheers bud. Everything seems to risky for this donut! Wonder if he let his kids play outside?!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Really enjoyed recording this last night. Given our current predicament I don't know if that's a little bit twisted?!

Thanks for the comments so far
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Good listen.

There does seem to be strong correlation between how bad we are doing and how enjoyable the podcasts are. I suppose if we were playing well there wouldn't be much to discuss.

If I'm being honest I did think you went a bit OTT with Dong saying he was die hard fan. Think we're all guilty of dissecting things that are said a bit too much.

Your bang on about throwings. We've always seemed to be completely rubbish at them.

With regards to Monk wasn't there a few stories leaked to the press by both parties about each other after he was sacked. Think the bridges are well and truly burnt there. He did well for us but don't think he can be trusted.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Pashun wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:15 pm Good listen.

There does seem to be strong correlation between how bad we are doing and how enjoyable the podcasts are. I suppose if we were playing well there wouldn't be much to discuss.

If I'm being honest I did think you went a bit OTT with Dong saying he was die hard fan. Think we're all guilty of dissecting things that are said a bit too much.

Your bang on about throwings. We've always seemed to be completely rubbish at them.

With regards to Monk wasn't there a few stories leaked to the press by both parties about each other after he was sacked. Think the bridges are well and truly burnt there. He did well for us but don't think he can be trusted.
Cheers bud.

I think with Monk, both sides had a story and it was probably that the truth lay somewhere in the middle.

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Pashun wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:15 pm

I think I could've quite easily gone for him a little bit more in all honesty and I'm sure Kristoff could as well. I held back a bit and cut myself short. They were his own words. He had no right saying that and following it up with not missing a game for 4 and half years like he is a hard-working fan putting his own money into the club. He got off lightly last night πŸ˜‚

Thanks for listening and the feedback though 😊
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Screamoblue wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:46 pm I think I could've quite easily gone for him a little bit more in all honesty and I'm sure Kristoff could as well. I held back a bit and cut myself short. They were his own words. He had no right saying that and following it up with not missing a game for 4 and half years like he is a hard-working fan putting his own money into the club. He got off lightly last night πŸ˜‚

Thanks for listening and the feedback though 😊
I look forward to the 'Dong & Zhao away days' podcast to prove you wrong about his die hard fan credentials. 😁