Line up tonight (Norwich)

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I personally wouldn’t change a winning side.. I think our defenders are more comfortable 4 at the back but I have a feeling kranky will go 5 at the back tonight I can see him trying to include Valery.
Going to be a tough one tonight but With no one expecting a result they may just surprise us
KRO

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Fingers crossed...

I’d stick with the same team, but as I said the other day, I have a feeling he might go with the side that finished the game, Leko aside.

People say there are no free hits in our position, but with everybody expecting a spanking, it’s definitely a free hit... Have a bit of a go and you just never know!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

I’m not an advocate of the pragmatic approach at all, but given our inferior goal difference at the bottom, would a similar approach from the away game be more sensible? Especially as we stayed up on goal difference in 2014.

I know I sound defeatist, but that’s what 2 home wins in 23 does to you!!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

My view is that we're not good enough to set up defensively and soak up pressure, see Norwich away... Goal difference could play a part down the line, but we're already quite far behind, I wouldn't even be focusing on that...

Adam_B

Post by Adam_B »

Good point, we’ve always got a mistake in us as well - hope we stick with the same 11, felt there was a good fluidity to our play, unlike when MSJ / Clayton are playing and slow down the pace.

Trevors swerve

Post by Trevors swerve »

Hope he keeps the same side as Saturday the pitch will help us tonight as it won’t help Norwich’s fluent passing game. Going for a nervy 1-0 Blues win.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Trevors swerve wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:38 pm Hope he keeps the same side as Saturday the pitch will help us tonight as it won’t help Norwich’s fluent passing game. Going for a nervy 1-0 Blues win.
I genuinely don't think our pitch has helped us all season, hope you're right though!

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

I'd line up with the same 4-3-3 that started on Saturday.

Going ultra-defensive against Norwich won't yield anything. We may as well be up & at them and give it a go. With the confidence gained from Saturday's win, you never know...

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Unchanged, fair play.

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Well that's one in the eye for all those predicting 5 at the back.

Heavy defeat incoming