Game management/subs...

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Mrtatty

Post by Mrtatty »

Game management is very poor, and there was no excuse for the rubbish substitutions made. I’m yet to see anything of Valery to warrant his signing. He looked totally disinterested when he came on last night. It’s madness taking off Sanchez and Bela and then bringing on Juke, however Sanchez hobbled off and Bela looked shattered too. Is there any wingers in the u23s Karanka could be looking at? He made a comment last night about Leko in the Sheffield game which hints at him not being trusted and he’s the closest one to a winger we have on the bench and that is one hell of an exaggeration

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 pm I'm going to take this positive... And hope... And pray... That come 2pm on Saturday it is still the case.
I completely agree a starting 11 is a welcome sight. I would however like to lose MSJ at a services somewhere far away

Callum the bluenose

Post by Callum the bluenose »

great performance last night especially first half , second half their quality showed and the subs didn't help, i would like to know why he brought on juke , a striker best known at this club for his heading abilities to have no one with the ability into cross the ball in the box, i understand why Sanchez went off and was surprised when he carried on in the second half but why take Bela off as at least with Bela and Valery out wide we could have got a number of crosses into the box and with the jukes determination surely one could have potentially gone in, i was happy at the start of the season when msj came into the club as i thought he would be a great player who could be a great passing asset and someone who wouldn't have to take time adapting to the championships physicality, but it seems that he is just another big name mess, i hope now karanka does the same with clayton and make them realise get good or be prepared just to warm up the bench and make sure he keeps the same team for the next game

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I will never forgive the release of Kief when we have MSJ to fill that gap... utter crime.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I don't disagree with anything that has been said, so I won't try to add to it. What I will add is that I thought that the 2 goalkeepers were outstanding, Etheridge was unlucky to give the pen away but saved magnificently from a pretty poor pen. Then the clearance from 10 yards outside the box was incredible and very freighting indeed if he had missed that he would have been crucified no doubt. I don't think the 3rd goal is relevant and their second goal was very lucky and looked offside to me. Norwich are a very good team but we match them and should have been in front at half time because Hoggy should have buried that one he missed on the stroke of half time. I was very pleased with the performance until as you say we made those crazy substitutions and overall I thought we deserved a point. I hate watching the match on the red button, no replays.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Hogan 100% should have scored with that chance he had. Could have changed the game.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

KROJim wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:51 am I will never forgive the release of Kief when we have MSJ to fill that gap... utter crime.
The fact that we've now settled on 3 midfielders, and the only backup we have at this moment in time is MSJ and Clayton, makes that even more criminal IMO.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Yet it happened and we are losing games and demonstrating that the decision, as many others, are bad, yet he remains..

I reckon we are 30 milliseconds to midnight on the doomsday clock atm