Sky Sports: A Decade in Decline

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

https://www.skysports.com/football/stor ... in-decline

Nice piece by Sky Sports with a bit from our own @Screamoblue and @almajir
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

bcfcphil89

Post by bcfcphil89 »

Found it a really good read and really good summary of the mess we find ourselves in. Couple of bits of mainstream media on our situation recently now, which on one hand is good to see as its about time it was highlighted but on the other hand makes me wonder if there is more than we realise to be concerned about.

Also nice to see you guys get some mainstream recognition for the hard work put in as well

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

We can get attention. We just have to band together, & spam the crap out of Twitter. We’ve got the American ‘sister side’ who’d gladly retweet. It just has to be packaged correctly. I once got 120k retweets, and I’m nobody relevant. You guys, Dan, the the other Blues groups. We can make a noise and get a trend going..

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

The piece was good for us, although it was limited, for example no Pannu. I think The Athletic could do a longer piece on Blues if it was worth worthwhile for them, but as I said above, we need to show a strong & worthy presence where it matters these days, and that’s on social media.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

We are certainly sleepwalking at the moment, as nothing seems to be affecting Dong or Karankas position.

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

carlbcfc wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:16 am The piece was good for us, although it was limited, for example no Pannu. I think The Athletic could do a longer piece on Blues if it was worth worthwhile for them, but as I said above, we need to show a strong & worthy presence where it matters these days, and that’s on social media.
My interview with Sky was 15-20 minutes long and in the end they used one very small sentence, but I understand that there was just too much information. I think it is easy to suggest it should be longer and have more detail, but it would get far too complex and lose the interest of anyone with no connection to the club. The idea of the Sky piece was for it to highlight the issues to non Blues fans and I think it does that pretty well. Both Sky and the Athletic were long articles but any more detail and I think most fans would just end up skim reading or closing the page down.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

almajir

Post by almajir »

Just to concur with my learned friend @Screamoblue , they interviewed me for like 45 minutes and only used a few quotes.

I think something has to *happen* for the big outlets to be really interested.

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

Screamoblue wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:01 am My interview with Sky was 15-20 minutes long and in the end they used one very small sentence, but I understand that there was just too much information. I think it is easy to suggest it should be longer and have more detail, but it would get far too complex and lose the interest of anyone with no connection to the club. The idea of the Sky piece was for it to highlight the issues to non Blues fans and I think it does that pretty well. Both Sky and the Athletic were long articles but any more detail and I think most fans would just end up skim reading or closing the page down.

I do agree about switching off actually. It covers the ground I suppose. Any reason Pannu was omitted?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Screamoblue wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:01 am My interview with Sky was 15-20 minutes long and in the end they used one very small sentence
Gavin and Stacey was on tonight where Mick told everyone he was going to be on the news... The whole family and their friends sitting down expecting him to be on TV for ages... "Well you don't expect to turn up to that at work." followed by shocked silence that his 15 minute interview had been cut down to a tiny sentence 🤣
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!