Team for today?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Unchanged starting 11 please, assuming no injuries.

Given we're in the middle of a spell of 2 games a week I could understand it if he made 1 or 2 changes but they really should be limited in number and like for like positionally. TBH there only seems to be Helilovic who's even close to good enough to be considered for starting - I really worry that this total lack of strength in depth is gonna hamper us until we are back to 1 game a week in a few weeks time.

Much as I want MSJ to come good, today is not the day to give him another chance, thank you Aitor.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Same, if there’s no enforced changes, it has to be the same team. The back line has generally been performing well and the midfield 3 have a mix of energy and ability.

If Sanchez is out, make one change and make it a positive one.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Kristoff wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 am Same, if there’s no enforced changes, it has to be the same team. The back line has generally been performing well and the midfield 3 have a mix of energy and ability.

If Sanchez is out, make one change and make it a positive one.
If Sanchez out, straight choice between Valery, Helilovic (possibly swapped with Bela) or Leko. Pros and cons with each - no obvious "right answer" (although Leko probably the wrong answer unfortunately....).

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Alexjames wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:38 am If Sanchez out, straight choice between Valery, Helilovic (possibly swapped with Bela) or Leko. Pros and cons with each - no obvious "right answer" (although Leko probably the wrong answer unfortunately....).
OR.....

IF (and ONLY IF) Sanchez out.....given lack of obvious replacement for him, 343 could be a good option with Bela and Helilovic supporting Hogan.

Would be a bit of gamble in terms of changing formation and ensuring WBs play like WBs.

Connor1875

Post by Connor1875 »

Assuming Sanchez is injured, I'd go:

Etheridge

Colin - Dean - Clarke-Salter - Pedersen

Harper

Halilovic - Gardner - McGree - Bela

Hogan

I think AK will play:

Etheridge

Roberts - Dean - Clarke-Salter

Harper

Valery - Gardner - Sunjic - Pedersen

Jutkiewicz - Hogan

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Sanchez back, unchanged. Happy days. Fingers crossed!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!