Massive win!

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I'm not going to lie, for 15/20 minutes after those changes I thought it had absolutely killed us... But then long throw, back to Roberts, excellent cross that Bela and Sanchez could learn from, fantastic header and then a delightful finish from Tricky Vicky.

Deserved from the first half, questionable on most of the second half, but nice for it to go our way! Results elsewhere also going for us too!

Fantastic. I'm cracking open a few beers!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Big win and I think it was deserved overall.
We did seem a little disjointed after the subs, but I thought they were positive all the same. There was a lot of huffing and puffing, plenty of endeavour and desire from the players, but again, just a lack of quality until we drew level.

Great cross, great header and not the first time Roberts has put in a quality ball in either. Pedersen definitely deserved that goal after the last few games. I've been a big critic of his, but he looks as if he is back to his best right now.

Great to see Halilovic impacting the game in the final third too, he's looked a little too deep in other games but that is exactly where we need to start seeing him. Superb goal. Its cliché I know, but I just knew it was in from the moment it left his boot. Mostly because I'd seen Brian Dick tweet it before my feed got there.

I'm off for a Pepsi Max and a protein snickers bar. UTFB
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

First half showed 2 things (again)
1. We're evolving into a half decent team with a clear game plan
2. We've got so little quality / magic in the final 3rd

Second half was 2 knackered teams on a shit pitch!

Great to see us snatch a win though - the old cliche about good teams finding ways to win when not paying well applies in spades today. Been too long coming but players can take heart & belief.

Still gonna be a struggle to survive though.

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Huge win. Especially considering we came back from behind for the first time in over a year.

I didn't manage to watch this one, but I'm so pleased Karanka appears to have finally seen the light when it comes to naming a consistent starting XI and also restrained himself to like-for-like changes during the game.

We need to build on these results and we'll do that by rewarding the players who have been the catalysts for this upturn in form.

A win at Huddersfield and we could be up to the dizzying heights of 19th. What a thought.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

The thing that I want to see more then anything is Alen playing more and further up the pitch, even if he has to change the players around him to accommodate him? He is real class!!!!! Wins will follow if he plays more.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

berti auld wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:06 am The thing that I want to see more then anything is Alen playing more and further up the pitch, even if he has to change the players around him to accommodate him? He is real class!!!!! Wins will follow if he plays more.
I was thinking about this the other night... We've been playing with this 4141 system, I wonder if he might, after the cameo the other day (not getting carried away by the way, I don't think we played very well in the second half, but had 2 excellent moments) consider sacrificing that little bit of defensive cover and go with a 4411. Something like:

Etheridge
Colin Dean JCS Pedersen
Sanchez (2 from Gardner/Harper/Sunjic) Bela
Vicky
Hogan

Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Kristoff wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:16 pm I was thinking about this the other night... We've been playing with this 4141 system, I wonder if he might, after the cameo the other day (not getting carried away by the way, I don't think we played very well in the second half, but had 2 excellent moments) consider sacrificing that little bit of defensive cover and go with a 4411. Something like:

Etheridge
Colin Dean JCS Pedersen
Sanchez (2 from Gardner/Harper/Sunjic) Bela
Vicky
Hogan

Yes I would go with that team and believe that would be a very dangerous team and many attacking options.