Tonight's game...

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

No idea which way this is going to go. Huddersfield 1 win in their last 10, us with 3 wins in our last 10. We've arguably played some of our best football in the last couple of games, although that hasn't directly resulted in our goals.

As I said yesterday, I think I'd sacrifice that deeper midfielder for Tricky Vicky in a more advanced role, although I can see us setting up with an unchanged team again which I'd understand. I think I'm going to go for a marginal win!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I agree. I'd sacrifice gardner or harper for Hallilovic. May be worth resting Harper a bit actually.
Why not, best whilst confidence is high I think.

I'll go for 1 nil blues.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I'm all for that. Mainly on the basis that if one of our midfield is knackered/injured/having a poor game then we have someone other than MSJ or Clayton to come off the bench.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Alen won't last 90 minutes and he seems to be carrying a bit of timber to me? It would be nice to see him for the first hour maybe

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Not a chance I'd defer from 4141 and the same starting personnel unless there was injuries. Keep the continuity and evolve things from the bench over time. He looks a very talented player, but personally I haven't seen enough from Halilovic in terms of work-rate to start him in a game like this.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:12 pm Not a chance I'd defer from 4141 and the same starting personnel unless there was injuries. Keep the continuity and evolve things from the bench over time. He looks a very talented player, but personally I haven't seen enough from Halilovic in terms of work-rate to start him in a game like this.
I agree with this. I think he a bit build like Shaqiri

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:12 pm Not a chance I'd defer from 4141 and the same starting personnel unless there was injuries. Keep the continuity and evolve things from the bench over time. He looks a very talented player, but personally I haven't seen enough from Halilovic in terms of work-rate to start him in a game like this.
Do agree about Vicky not having done enough, but, it’s a small gamble. Not sure on some of those other changes though.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I think he shown he can start from last night, but he and many others started slow and taken a while to settle. Subs were also a little late IMO but we didnt lose and its still a point gained.