Blues v Bristol City – 13/03/2021

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
We Are Birmingham

Post by We Are Birmingham »

The last time I wrote a match preview, the final game of last season, Blues were looking nervously below them, hoping that 50 points would be enough to secure safety from relegation to League One. Frankly, if you told me 8 months later we would be...

Read more

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Happy with the line up today. I'm secretly confident. Which means we'll probably be atrocious and get easily beat.

If he does bring Cosgrove on later it would be nice to have both wingers on the pitch still.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Happy enough with the lineup, but, not sure why we’ve swayed from the 4141/433 that we looked settled in.

Let’s hope we can settle down as look shaky early.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

This is a shambles worst blues side (performance wise) I have ever seen

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

In my opinion, that was pretty much the strongest XI we could field... and look how it ended up.

We're going down and we totally deserve to.

Just imagine the atmosphere today if fans were allowed in the ground.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I cannot see a way out of this if I am honest now. Not with karanka.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I should have known not to be confident. Thought we were a bit unlucky first half even though we weren't great. Went to pot 2nd half. Look seriously lacking in confidence.

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Just watched the Dean interview. Confidence is totally shattered.

Then watched the Karanka interview. Can totally see why.

Again he admitted he didn't even go into the dressing room after the game to talk to the players following the defeat.

I'm sorry, but what the **** is that form of management? Can somebody enlighten me?

FrankyWorthington

Post by FrankyWorthington »

We’ve gone..should have changed it a few weeks ago. It’s now going the way as the end of last season. I said in September that we’d struggle for goals in his preferred system..but the problem was masked as we had been shored up defensively..those first few games seems a lifetime ago now. I know football isn’t just about systems but the way the squad was rebuilt in the summer there was no way we could try and play differently. We had just 2 strikers in the squad plus we were told Leko could play there too. (yeah, right!). Coupled with the fact we had Toral, & then Halilovic came along..two No.10’s and then within that system there was just 2 players that you would class as players who could “go by someone” (Sahchez, Bela & even then they’re not the most direct of wide players) I could see problems with us not going to score enough goals. Poor recruitment. Not enough options, not enough pace (all over the side really)
Karanka - I never thought for a second we’d be in this position when we appointed him, but it now needs a change..to have any glimmer of hope. Then it needs somebody to come in a la Monk who came in, simplified things, played a partnership up front and tried to take the game to the opposition. We might still be shite defensively but let’s have a go.
That’s the playing side, but obviously the shit-show behind the scenes is dragging the club down in equal measure. Bleak times sadly.