New manager

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Mark Bowen fancies it what do you make of that?

Was great here with Bruce and we missed him when he left..

He took reading from near bottom to safety (don’t remember much about this in fairness)

Isn’t exactly an exciting name but could do the job short term until the end of the season?

Uninspiring I know but I really can’t see who else we are going to go for / actually get, will probably be a more sensible appointment if it’s zhao rather than Dongs job to find a replacement.

I can’t see Monk coming back and lampard and wilder wouldn’t touch us at the moment so who does that leave?

Please Not pulis

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Bluemachine wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:44 pm Mark Bowen fancies it what do you make of that?

Was great here with Bruce and we missed him when he left..

He took reading from near bottom to safety (don’t remember much about this in fairness)

Isn’t exactly an exciting name but could do the job short term until the end of the season?

Uninspiring I know but I really can’t see who else we are going to go for / actually get, will probably be a more sensible appointment if it’s zhao rather than Dongs job to find a replacement.

I can’t see Monk coming back and lampard and wilder wouldn’t touch us at the moment so who does that leave?

Please Not pulis
I can’t imagine Bowen being in the running if he’s coming out publicly putting his name forward. I think they’ve already got who they want lined up.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Let’s hope so!

I really hope it’s an British manager with a bit of passion..
after listening to pep / Karanka twice a week for nearly 2 years (not sure if it’s a Spanish thing) but their monotone voices send me to sleep I find myself rewinding the interviews as my concentration lapses and that’s a 6/7 min video! Let alone hearing it day in day out think a bit character / good man management is what the players might need to give them a kick up the arse or arm round the shoulder depending on which player we are talking about

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Dream announcement for me, would be:

"Dong Sacked, Garry Monk's back!"

But not much chance of that, I think.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

We wont see Monk back and to be fair, I dont want him back either, we should not go backwards.

Its a tough decision as I think a more short term option would be best but we really need a motivator. I think that removing Dong from the equation is the only way we may see some credibility return to the club.