Bowyer

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Screamoblue wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:48 pm I probably could have worded that better, I'm sorry for how it come across. I can definitely understand your concerns about him though, as I said he wasn't my preference. That said, he's definitely got a stronger squad with Blues than he had with Charlton and I think he has the sort of charisma the players should respond to, at the very least in the short-term. I can't talk really, I thought Karanka was going to be a good fit for us and help us become stable. Turns out it was an absolute disaster.
:thumbsup_tone1:

I was never a massive Garry Monk fan and he turned out alright. Agent shenanigans aside.

At least we've got a bit of hope and can look forward to the next few games rather than dread them.

I think I might look back of Zola's and Cotterill's reigns with more fondness than Karanka's. It really is depressing how many poor managerial reigns we've had in the past decade.

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Pleased with the appointment. However, I think the system Bowyer deploys over the next 10 games may not necessarily be what he goes with in the longer term. He isn't usually a manager who relies on the traditional wide player but he will know from speaking to anyone inside the club that Bela and Sanchez are by far our biggest attacking threats. He may also play Leko as a striker - giving him a pool of 4 to pick from. Looking forward to it but not expecting miracles.