Steve Seddon

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Steve Seddon back in from the cold last night, albeit as a late substitute. Clearly, he wasn't part of Karanka's plans but has seemingly impressed Bowyer in the short time he's been at the club. So - is Seddon a better back-up than Friend to Peds at LB - and should Friend be merely seen as back-up for CB? KRO!!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

With Sanchez struggling with injury and our lack of wide options, I think that Seddon was in there as much for left wing as he was for left back. His delivery from set-pieces and ability to cross the ball is very, very good. So while it looks like it is back to basics and getting the ball in the box, it makes sense to have him involved. We spoke about Bowyer having a habit of promoting younger players on the podcast earlier in the week. Granted, Seddon isn't really fresh blood but it is good to see Bowyer bringing him back up to the match-day squad.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Sedds has been highly rated for a while. I imagine he just decided that Seddon would offer him a bit more energy. I imagine most of his selection will have taken place based on suggestions rather than his own views. Saturday he's got the international break to take a proper look at them.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Screamoblue wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:26 pm With Sanchez struggling with injury and our lack of wide options, I think that Seddon was in there as much for left wing as he was for left back.
Also a very good point.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

carlbcfc

Post by carlbcfc »

robshawil wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:39 pm Steve Seddon back in from the cold last night, albeit as a late substitute. Clearly, he wasn't part of Karanka's plans but has seemingly impressed Bowyer in the short time he's been at the club. So - is Seddon a better back-up than Friend to Peds at LB - and should Friend be merely seen as back-up for CB? KRO!!

I see it same as you have described.

As LB said. Our ‘tool’ is Juke. Get the players on who have the ability to get it to Juke, and Seddon can deliver a decent ball.