Watford vs Blues – 20/03/2021

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
We Are Birmingham

Post by We Are Birmingham »

It feels weird writing a preview feeling somewhat positive towards a game. Yet, after a stellar performance by Blues in Lee Bowyer's first game in charge, I actually think we could get a result. What Bowyer did was simple really, he made Blues play...

Read more

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Well it wasnt the worst performance. Just outclassed in certain moments. In my opinion if we were properly organised with confidence, our team would be able to perform to that level. It'll take time but we have ability in the squad to do that. Confidence is shot karanka tenure has actually taken us backward in my opinion on a mental level we haven't recovered

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

The fact we came out fighting after going behind yesterday was a bonus. The second one really knocked us, but we still continued to have a go. The thing that, strangely, stood out for me, was at 3-0 down in the 90th minute, the players were rushing to get the ball back in from a goal kick. Weeks ago that was missing even at 1-0 down. It was always going to be a tough game but they put a good showing up. Swansea and Brentford are both winnable.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

We were a lot better than that scoreline suggests and we aren't going to face a team as good as Watford for the rest of the run in, both going forward and defensively.

Apart from the effort and desire from the players we also played some nice stuff at times. We constantly tried to work the ball into dangerous positions and on another day we'd score a couple of goals. I like the fact Bowyer was willing to change the system a few times in an attempt to nullify Watford and make us more effective going forward and it worked to certain extent.

After the last two games I'm confident we can get the results to work our way out of trouble. I'd be looking at catching Cov, Derby, Huddersfield rather than worrying about Rotherham too.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Yeah, Rotherham are not the one to be looking at. Cov, Derby and Forest for me, all within 4 points.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!