R.I,P Frank

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Frank Worthington has passed away and only 72. That has made me really sad, oh how I loved to watch him down stans. He was a real entertainer and a superb ball play. -((

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I never got to see him play but my Dad raved about him. Always seemed like a character too.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:22 pm I never got to see him play but my Dad raved about him. Always seemed like a character too.
He certainly was he made you smile and also made you purr.

Bluesince62

Post by Bluesince62 »

Another footie hero of mine gone - even though he tried to chat up my girlfriend! 😁 A Rolls Royce of a player, made it all look so easy and effortless. RIP Frank and it was a pleasure to see you live.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Just for you young one's

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

I was too young to remember anything about Frank, but my dad, uncle and grandad loved him. I did meet him once though, he was steaming drunk at the of the Kop corner and bumped into me before going into one of the side doors to the boxes.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:09 pm I was too young to remember anything about Frank, but my dad, uncle and grandad loved him. I did meet him once though, he was steaming drunk at the of the Kop corner and bumped into me before going into one of the side doors to the boxes.
A story that will last a lifetime! 😂
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!