Fixtures changes

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

So because of Rotherham's situation the game with Blues has now been moved back to the Sunday and the Forest game moved back to the Wednesday.

Ultimately there's not much that can be done as it's written in the rules that without good reason, you can't reject it, but it does seem like a bit of a cop out that Rotherham are causing everyone else to re-arrange their fixtures.

Let's look on the positive side and it gives us an extra 24 hours rest after the Stoke game...
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

I think another positive is that Rotherham end up having to play 5 games in 15 days and their final game over that period is against us.
I felt confident we would get something from that game anyway, but they are probably going to be very tired by that point.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Screamoblue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:49 am I think another positive is that Rotherham end up having to play 5 games in 15 days and their final game over that period is against us.
I felt confident we would get something from that game anyway, but they are probably going to be very tired by that point.
Wouldn't they be playing 5 games in 14 days though, us being the 5th?

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am Wouldn't they be playing 5 games in 14 days though, us being the 5th?
It seems only fair ours will be their 4 games in 8 or 7 days if Kristoff had his way

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

This is why I don't buy in to what Karanka was saying about it being advantageous to them by the way. There's no way any manager would want that congestion.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Coventry have 4 games in 8 days apparently. Another fixture congestion in our favour even if we won't be playing them. I had them at 8-1 to go down last week, I thought that was good odds.

'

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

They do look very good odds now