Bournemouth 3-2 Blues – 06/01/21

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
We Are Birmingham

Post by We Are Birmingham »

After back to back draws against Coventry and Wycombe (2 games you ideally want to be picking up 2 wins in) Blues had the task of travelling to a Bournemouth side who have lost 4 on the bounce and recently parted ways with Jason Tindall. The new manager effect couldn’t come at a worse time for Blues who currently can’t buy a win...

Source: https://www.wearebirmingham.co.uk/bourn ... -06-01-21/

MarkWatson1875

Post by MarkWatson1875 »

Brilliantly written

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

MarkWatson1875 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:28 pm Brilliantly written
Can't disagree. One hell of a writer!! 😉
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Macca

Post by Macca »

It’s hard to put a finger on it but there is something seriously wrong with this team, on paper it’s ridiculous we’re in 22nd, this team should be top half easily. What Is it that makes us do this season after season, even when things look positive in a season we just capitulate and bottle any tough situations. We are becoming way to predictable and I fear without our fans carrying us through and giving them a kick up the arse, we’re going to have a tough time kicking this form.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Macca wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm It’s hard to put a finger on it but there is something seriously wrong with this team, on paper it’s ridiculous we’re in 22nd, this team should be top half easily. What Is it that makes us do this season after season, even when things look positive in a season we just capitulate and bottle any tough situations. We are becoming way to predictable and I fear without our fans carrying us through and giving them a kick up the arse, we’re going to have a tough time kicking this form.
Just seen that Scott Hogan has done an interview saying the players are thinking "maybe it's us, not the manager". I can't help but feel that it's to try and cool tensions though. He didn't exactly look happy at coming off the other day, and with good reason.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Kristoff wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:50 pm
Macca wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm It’s hard to put a finger on it but there is something seriously wrong with this team, on paper it’s ridiculous we’re in 22nd, this team should be top half easily. What Is it that makes us do this season after season, even when things look positive in a season we just capitulate and bottle any tough situations. We are becoming way to predictable and I fear without our fans carrying us through and giving them a kick up the arse, we’re going to have a tough time kicking this form.
Just seen that Scott Hogan has done an interview saying the players are thinking "maybe it's us, not the manager". I can't help but feel that it's to try and cool tensions though. He didn't exactly look happy at coming off the other day, and with good reason.
Yeah I was quite mythed by that article, it stinks of an attempt to deflect the negative attention. We finally have some good squad depth and they’re warming the bench it’s so frustrating. I genuinely don’t think AK would be allowed to be this conservative if we were all in the ground. I’m still not over the decisions in the Wycombe game.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I thought there were questionable decisions in both games if I’m honest. Not quite sure how MSJ stayed on for the 90! Putting Juke and Cosgrove on but then taking any width off!

Macca

Post by Macca »

Completely agree! It’s a massive game Saturday..

Oz

Post by Oz »

I wonder if the likes of Dean, Roberts, Colin and Juke etc thought it was them last season?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Oz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am
I wonder if the likes of Dean, Roberts, Colin and Juke etc thought it was them last season?
I'm not sure any of them thought that last season, or this week...