Time to be positive ..

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Evanio

Post by Evanio »

I’m not sure I’d swap our squad, new found positive outlook and manager or our fixtures with anyone below us.

I’ve viewed the occasional comment on different forums that we have a tougher run and others have an easier end to season - I’m not sure we do given the new found confidence and taking a look at our run in (only my opinion, subjective and can change due to form and changing circumstances - all tough but .. )

Brentford - Probably our toughest fixture left
Stoke - Likely there’s nothing to play for
Rotherham - You’d fancy us now, particularly as we’ll be their 4th game in 8 days
Forest - Nothing to play for
Derby - May be a big game but would we be fearful?
Cardiff - Nothing to play for (judging by 18.30 tonight)
Blackburn - Likely there’s nothing to play for.

Bowyer bounce may keep bouncing Blue brothers.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’ve not had time lately to be on forums, however I’m with you.

We’re picking up points from tough games that a month or so back we wouldn’t expect us to be in with a chance.

I think I’ve predicted a win in all of Bowyers games so far in the prediction league and I’m actually going to predict the same tomorrow.

There’s a good vibe at WH amongst the players and Bowyer had got them playing.

I’m not even buying that we’re not playing good football. It’s not always the prettiest, but it’s: 1, to our strengths and 2, a mix of being direct and moving the ball around.

I’m definitely in the positive camp.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Yeah, I'm positive.

I'm not really looking down at the moment because I have total belief that Bowyer will gee us up to win us more than enough games between now and the end of the season.

I think we'll win at least 3 of the last 7, meaning we can achieve 50+ points, which will end up being 6 or 7 points more than required to stay in the division and probably leapfrog us above Coventry, Huddersfield and Derby.

What a difference a few weeks make!

bcfcphil89

Post by bcfcphil89 »

Agreed there's definitely lots to be positive about under Bowyer and the biggest thing for me about the Swansea game was that we won that because we wanted it more and I haven't been able to say that very often for a long time.

Tonight as much as I'm desperate for a result and having seen bits of their game with Huddersfield I think there is a result to be had there, given the start for Bowyer so far and the games to come feels a bit of a free hit now (albeit slightly less so give the results yesterday) and can genuinely go there with no fear and push for a win.

In terms of the run-in the first 3 games have been huge to pick up the points we have, our run in is now one of the more favourable, especially after tonight when you consider who will still have things to play for.

I think if we beat Rotherham we only need one other win and we'll be safe.