Viv Solomon on Monk

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Sorry for linking another pod lads but found it interesting to hear viv (around 50 mins in) talk about monk & how tried to make him move to Portsmouth making him train with u23 when he didn’t want to, telling him if he doesn’t go he will offer the contract extension and make him play on his own.. Dong knew nothing about it so he sat down with him and sorted the loan move he wanted..

there was more said but the guys kept going off topic so was hard to follow, why they didn’t press him more I don’t know sounded like he wanted to talk about it

To be honest I hate to say this but sounds like Dong was the good guy in all this and monk was a right *****

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

I don't really understand.

Is he insinuating Monk was forcing through a transfer arranged via his agent Featherstone, but Viv wanted to go elsewhere?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’m not going to lie, I can’t get behind anything Blues Focus due to its past as BCFC Followers. And from the bits I have seen/heard, I find it tough to listen to. But each to their own, some people will say the same about ours.

I think it’s clear that Monk was murky in his time at Blues, not just with Jude although that was the one that stood out above all others because it was high profile. I think the whole Monk situation was poorly managed by everyone, if I’m honest.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Find it telling coming from the horses mouth though... We have had Dongs word and other gossip and rumours about the whole situation but this is the first time (that i know of) that someone that is actually involved has come forward with it

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Everyone is going to have their own perspective on how things have played out. Not defending things that Monk clearly did wrong, however I’m under the impression that he didn’t step out of line from their original agreement.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Kristoff wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 am I’m not going to lie, I can’t get behind anything Blues Focus due to its past as BCFC Followers. And from the bits I have seen/heard, I find it tough to listen to. But each to their own, some people will say the same about ours.
I thought they were BCFC followers. They seem to have found their feet with the interviews although I've only watched a couple - the Clark one was quite enjoyable. Before they were copying other people's stuff and their grammar was awful. I've not looked at anything else of theirs but they seemed to have turned it round so fair play. The older guy seems alright, think they should just let him do the interviews on his own. Looked like he was about to press Viv on the Monk stuff but kept getting cut out.

Let's test the moderators on this forum now I've been nice-ish about a rival podcast 😄

Monk is like one of those Bond villains who to outsiders appears be a generous philanthropist but is in actual fact is a money grabbing megalomaniac. He'll kidnap the new PFA chairman with the ransom demand that all members must sign on with James Featherstone.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Pashun wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:23 pm
Let's test the moderators on this forum now I've been nice-ish about a rival podcast 😄
It’s not for me the same as ours won’t be for some people. Each to their own, I’ll never shoot anyone down for praising something if they feel it’s due.

We considered the ex-player format a while back, we had Dunny on one of ours a while back before a V*lla game. Feedback was that whilst it was good to hear what he had to say, it took things in a different direction.

It would’ve been nice to have maybe done an extra show talking to ex-players, but we don’t really have to time to do it, we struggle enough for time with the one!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Yeah the ex player element is nice to hear insights about past players/mangers ect but its more for nostalgia purposes.

No comparison with yours though lads so keep it up please. I know this sounds mad but when i see a new pod its sort of like when you see your parcels been delivered and in lock down especially these little treats keep a lot of people going.

I like that WAB is current i.e game was last night and looking on to the game in a few days also your Pod is by far the most informative and have great inside knowledge ect that no one else can bring.

With the club using smokescreens everywhere they turn, Blues trust doing F A, Almajir is great and wouldnt ever crisitse his work but find him a bit rude to other blues fans at time which really bothers me as there is no need. That been said dont know where we would be without him and as most blues do really really appreciate his work.

Other than that i dont know of much other blues content.. Used to watch Tilton talk show and was never really a fan cant stand the host but since the big fella left for fat lads go in goal (another very decent pod BTW)i havent watched a single one