Riley McGree

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

Seemed ok from what little I’ve seen. Scored a cracker and played well in the under 23s game, but sits on the bench every week. Lower down the pecking order than Clayton under AK, and was hoping to see more of him under Bowyer. I’m disappointed every game for him. Is he is just not that good?

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Totally agree with Noos, I thought the same as you and he seems to know where the net is but in Bow I trust.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

The 23's is a totally different level, but he did look good.

I do wonder whether he is making selections based on those who have a vested interest in Blues... McGree is maybe more looking forward to his next move, Harper was dropped in the last game and maybe doesn't see himself longer term at Blues and in that back 3, he played Pedersen over JCS.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Karanka did some odd business, but McGree has to be one of the weirdest signings ever.

I quite like the look of him, but the whole business of moving to Charlotte FC as a marquee designated player, then immediately coming here and hardly getting any game time... just strange.

It's another reason to dislike Karanka's approach. What has McGree contributed to the squad that an Odin Bailey, or Caolan Boyd-Munce could not have done? Just pure waste.

I'd be surprised if Bow is thinking too much about next season already. I'm sure he's just picking the players he believes will give us the greatest chance of accumulating enough points to stay up.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Tbf, I genuinely don’t reckon McGree was a Karanka signing. I could be wrong, but it reeks of Dong to me.... That sounds weird, but you know what I mean!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

willvbcfc wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:05 am
I'd be surprised if Bow is thinking too much about next season already. I'm sure he's just picking the players he believes will give us the greatest chance of accumulating enough points to stay up.
Also, sometimes managers feel they get more from players who have a longer term investment in the project than those who will be back at other clubs. Those without contracts beyond the end of the season will also be playing for a future.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Well, well, well!!

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

Did Bowyer read my post? Very happy with his chance and result.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

He did really well, fair play to him.

I like the fact that yes, we are changing to nullify the other team, but with the added consideration of how we can also hurt the other team.

I honestly expected better of Karanka but he is being shown up massively in recent times. I cant see him getting another job in England now.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

he could well be Cornella FC new manager... exciting times he can link back up with his mukka when he is made CEO there.