Riley McGree

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Yes, he was very close to the man of the match. I think he will stay with him even try to get him in a more attacking role but where does this leave Bela and Sanchez? I had big hopes for Leko but I thought he was the only player to let us down in that team.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’m not giving up on Leko just yet. He wasn’t great the other night, however there’s clearly months of frustration there. I’m hoping he can get a goal that sparks his confidence. I don’t think LB will give up on him yet either.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I do agree with Kristoff and it was a very serious injury, so give him a pre-season and he might be a great signing. He is still very young.

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Riley made a big difference today as well, this time at CAM rather than LWB, having come on for the injured Halilovic.

He's definitely more athletic than Alen and does more defensive work.

Charlotte don't start their season until Feb 2022, so perhaps it's not out of the question that he stays with us for half of next season?

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

I’m away so couldn’t watch the game but sounds like he made the most of another opportunity given to him. Really pleasing to have more options available and another clean sheet and winning by two goals, no heart stopping last ten minutes, what next?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

willvbcfc wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:31 pm Riley made a big difference today as well, this time at CAM rather than LWB, having come on for the injured Halilovic.

He's definitely more athletic than Alen and does more defensive work.

Charlotte don't start their season until Feb 2022, so perhaps it's not out of the question that he stays with us for half of next season?
It’s just such a weird transfer in all regards. Was it Wilf suggesting it could become permanent?

He did look good when he came on and that was some strike that the keeper popped up to Juke.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Leko is one of the most frustrating players I have seen down the blues.. I know he had a potentially career ending injury but his decision making is awful. He has no composure and always f***in offside. I hope he proves me wrong but I don’t think he’s the answer at all

Halilovic looks decent in parts going forward but I don’t like how he pulled out of the tackle nearly allowing them to score (Mikel I think) you can hear bowyer shouting at him after that and then commented on it again after the game so I wouldn’t be surprised to see McGree starting there against Rotherham.

Etheridge Roberts Peds and dean are like new players Really impressed me at the back.

What’s the crack with Bela and Sanchez.. I know Sanchez was injured but bela hasn’t really had a look in.

We are creating chances as it is imagine if you added hogan Sanchez and bela into the mix