Plans for 21/22

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Well, I am getting a bit bored now! Virtually safe so here are my plans for next season and even if the unbelievable happened and we went down this plan would still work in division one, more or less. First, we have got to get rid of the deadwood, yes that's right again. These are the one's I would get rid of and in order of the most urgent first.
1/ Clayton, has had plenty of chances but his legs have gone, yes I know this won't be easy but even if we got to pay half his wages or God forbid buy his contact up.
2/Jose love his skills but is too slow and not up to chump league, we will lose money but I believe a Spanish club would be interested. Maybe even America could be a possibility.
3/ Toral sad but he is too injury prone. His contract is up so no cost.
4/ Cogley been a good servant but just is not good enough.
5/ Trueman as above.
6/ Seddon as the above 2. Yes, I know some will disagree but I just don't think he is good enough.
7/ Prieto look like a reasonable goalkeeper but is just blocking the way for Jeacock. Never did see the point of his signing, hopefully will get our money back.
8/ Bajrami I don't know if he has been injured but he is not even getting in the u23, even so, he is not good enough.
There are bound to be a few more but I will leave that for you to tell us.
So now on to replacing them.
1/ Friend good sub but put him on to the training staff he has got something.
2/ Mcree sign him up, might not be possible but at least extend his loan for 6 months.
3/ Jeacock promote him to number 2 and give him a run in the team. He is the future.
4/ Miller is already in the squad at 17 star of the future.
5/ Tate Campbell has had a lot of rave reviews.
6/ Josh Andrews the next Jukey bigger stronger and faster, let Jukey train him 1 to 1.
7/ Simmonds the 19-year-old from Man city certainly worth a shot.
Plus these I would sign another 3 top division one players at around a million pounds each and 3 freebies but only young and promising ones. Ok that's what I want and believe is doable, so now it's your turn what do you think. In Bow I trust but I thought I would just give him a helping hand. If we do similar I think we will be close to the play off's Kro

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Lots to break down here and I know we’re going to do something on this on the pod, so I’m going to save a lot of it for then...

A few points I will make though.

Toral I would potentially consider a new deal on a very low basic and play and pay bonuses. I think he impressed Bowyer before getting injured.

Seddon, but for lacking a little bit of pace, I think he’s going to become a good Championship player.

Clayton can get fucked 🤣
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

You clearly left Cosgrove off your list. And this won’t be popular but either juke and/or Hogan as well. Time to invest in some quality upfront, it’s the only way to move up the table.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Cosgrove is still an unknown. We havent seen enough of him yet I dont think, maybe a pre season will make a difference. Ill reserve judgement on him.

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

I'd like to see a summer where we don't make wholesale changes, but instead try to advance the progression of a few of our youngsters and bring in just a few players of quality to add to this team.

With deals expiring, or limited game time, I don't expect to see next season:

- Clayton
- San José
- Toral
- Valery
- Bajrami
- Dacres-Cogley
- Villalba (remember him?!)
- Halilovic (controversial, but I don't think he'll be a consistent contributor in the Championship)

I'd loan again:

- Harper
- McGree (until January)
- Clarke-Salter (Limited game time so far under Bow, but would be very valuable as a left footer if we intend to play 3-5-2)

I'd offer new deals/re-integrate and use pre-season to try to assess:

- Seddon
- Boyd-Munce
- Crowley
- Bailey
- Lakin
- Bajrami
- Miller
- Simmonds
- Cosgrove
- Jeacock

With a mindset that if the above don't impress enough, we need to recruit athletic, skilful players in the following positions:

- RB/RWB (cover for Max Colin... perhaps we could find a utility player that could play in midfield too? Damien Johnson-esque.)
- CM (more ability on the ball required)
- ST (if there's no hope with Cosgrove)

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

I'd happily keep San Jose. I'd trust Bowyer to protect him and get him doing what we struggle to do. Keep the ball and by passing between the lines

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Rab C Nesbitt wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:26 am I'd happily keep San Jose. I'd trust Bowyer to protect him and get him doing what we struggle to do. Keep the ball and by passing between the lines
The role he came on in yesterday really suited him, but Derby weren’t really trying to use pace as a weapon. He’ll struggle against quick teams, but in possession battles would be useful. I suppose it really depends how expensive he is.

willvbcfc

Post by willvbcfc »

Yesterday actually changed my opinions somewhat!

If Bowyer can get San José and Halilovic to perform consistently as well as they did in the second half against Derby, they’re well worth keeping!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Clayton posted a lovely picture of him and his wife having a hug satruday night whilst most the other players all posted congratulating each other and the team and fans ect.

Not even a mention on his.. He's either painting his mrs nails or working on his AC8 Academy which i doubt is in birmingham?

Had me wondering who the F*** grows up wanting to be the next adam clayton?

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Bluemachine wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:36 pm Clayton posted a lovely picture of him and his wife having a hug satruday night whilst most the other players all posted congratulating each other and the team and fans ect.

Not even a mention on his.. He's either painting his mrs nails or working on his AC8 Academy which i doubt is in birmingham?

Had me wondering who the F*** grows up wanting to be the next adam clayton?
The best thing about Adam Clayton at Blues has been the U2 announcement teaser, and I don’t even like U2.