Dong.

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Ta'ra.

Good riddance.

Who next?

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I would hope for a Garry Cook or someone like that.

I think we will get Zhao for now.

I hope the cup can go back to St Andrews as well now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Someone on SHA reckons we've had the replacement in place for couple months.

*awaits the WAB podcast with anticipation*.

Probably be a step down for Zhao.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Is cook a bluenose?

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Pashun wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm Someone on SHA reckons we've had the replacement in place for couple months.

*awaits the WAB podcast with anticipation*.

Probably be a step down for Zhao.
I think Dong leaving had been agreed since shortly after Karanka went. Interested to see what they do going forward, I don't think there is a direct replacement lined up. They could essentially do away with the role. The important thing is getting the structure right behind the scenes, that everyone on the board and the SMT knows the role they need to play. I think a sporting director or director of football is a must going forward too. I'll save the rest of my comments for the podcast. We should be recording a new one tomorrow all things being well.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Was it Dong that caused the likes of Julia Shelton and Co to leave? If so I wonder how likely it is we would be able to entice them back - if they wanted to.

I remember when Rowett was doing punditry one of our games on Sky Sports just after he was sacked. He credited them for keeping the club going.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

berti auld wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 pm Is cook a bluenose?
He is indeed.

Im not sure how easy it would be for people to return, as they will likely have been paid off etc. There is one tribunal still on going I believe so may be interesting to see the outcome of this also.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

KROJim wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:14 am He is indeed.

Im not sure how easy it would be for people to return, as they will likely have been paid off etc. There is one tribunal still on going I believe so may be interesting to see the outcome of this also.
Gerrim in then and give him some shares