Rumour Bus - Hop On

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

In the replies when asked is there money to spend he said yes always but we are not taking big money risks but IF that’s what was said (which I can’t say as haven’t seen any write ups) then I would hope we can bring a couple of good additions

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Isn’t that Brexit Tackle known for their wind ups or have I mistaken them?
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I am not sure tbh mate I used to follow him and must have unfollowed for some reason. Either way blues collective have since come out and said we can’t fix the lower stands costing 2.5m due to cash flow so It doesn’t sound like we have money.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Then again what club would have a good cash flow after this pandemic and income for 18 months... just a guess but they may have more money available to pump in but as we are looking to get as sustainable as possible they don’t want to go that route.. for the stand at least. What would be the point to draw further loans ect to fix 9000 seats that probably won’t be sold I don’t know what our average attendance is but I would guess around 20k-22k ?

You lads know a lot more than me what is your take on the situation

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I actually think that delaying the bottom tier in favour of getting the squad right, is a better decision. If we think short, medium, long term goals, short term get the squad competitive, whilst there is opportunity to shock this year I think we need to go for it if we can, and get Bowyer feeling happier with the state of the squad. We do not regularly fill the stadium enough over the last 10 years or so now, so I see little positives in spending that much money on the stadium repairs, that we could possibly get done later in the year/next season.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Bluemachine wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:12 am Then again what club would have a good cash flow after this pandemic and income for 18 months... just a guess but they may have more money available to pump in but as we are looking to get as sustainable as possible they don’t want to go that route.. for the stand at least. What would be the point to draw further loans ect to fix 9000 seats that probably won’t be sold I don’t know what our average attendance is but I would guess around 20k-22k ?

You lads know a lot more than me what is your take on the situation
They have said there is always money to buy players?? Also one of the reasons being muted is that they are preparing to sell???????? 💙 💙 💙 💥

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

This has been said for a very long time but I dont think they are looking to sell, or rather, its going to be very difficult to sell due to the web they have created in the holding company

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Yeah, I still don’t think there’s an intention to sell.

When we consider that the capacity with the lower blocks closed is around 19k/20k. It wouldn’t surprise me if the sponsorship banners are bringing in more money than the few extra fans they might get for a handful of games. With an average attendance in recent years of between 16k-22k, we can closely accommodate that and take in sponsorship too, and then get the work done.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I think this makes sense, and perhaps is most sensible considering the situation and what has happened in the last year and a half.

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

It’s a mess.

Talk, dress, walk it what ever way way … it’s a mess.