Baggies Friendly

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

My opinion only, a daft idea clearly hoping for visitors from Handsworth and Smethwick just for a bit of extra dosh.

Should have played against a Burnley / Brighton / Southampton type ?

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Don't recall playing areas in the same league in a friendly before (Asia Cup aside) but in a way it kind of makes sense. Might aswell practice against teams at our level.

I get that it's not the most exciting for us fans. Maybe that's partly the point; its local and not likely to attract a big crowd. Maybe Covid came into the thinking.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

It should be a big crowd for a friendly so will give us a good workout in covid protocol and on playing side, so makes a lot of sense.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

berti auld wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:06 am It should be a big crowd for a friendly so will give us a good workout in covid protocol and on playing side, so makes a lot of sense.
You're probably right people will be itching to get to a live game.

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

berti auld wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:06 am It should be a big crowd for a friendly so will give us a good workout in covid protocol and on playing side, so makes a lot of sense.
I think that’s all it’s for. A covid protocol rehearsal before the season starts. Will probably limit them to 800/1000 tickets, they haven’t got far to travel, very little animosity between them and us.
It does make a lot of sense

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Rab C Nesbitt wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 am I think that’s all it’s for. A covid protocol rehearsal before the season starts. Will probably limit them to 800/1000 tickets, they haven’t got far to travel, very little animosity between them and us.
It does make a lot of sense
Glad you agree Rab 😃

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Well, how do you think we will do then? I think we will play well but draw 2-2
What will the team be? God knows
Which player will star? Chong
Which player will fail? Juan

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Couldnt give a shit as long as we get 4-6 points off them in the league.

Boggies can have tomorrow in front of 4-8 thousand fans ...

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

berti auld wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:41 pm Well, how do you think we will do then? I think we will play well but draw 2-2
What will the team be? God knows
Which player will star? Chong
Which player will fail? Juan
The line up will be interesting.

I think Juan will have the least impact of the signings. Depends how often he plays 5 at the back I guess.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Pashun wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:00 am The line up will be interesting.

I think Juan will have the least impact of the signings. Depends how often he plays 5 at the back I guess.
Yeah think you are right pash, but Chong really excites me, in a manly way of course 🙈