Baggies Friendly

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Well, how do you think we will do then? Play well but lose 3-1
What will the team be? Pass.
Which player will star? Woods
Which player will fail? If I have to pick one, and I don't actually want to... I'm going to go for Sarkic. I hope I'm wrong, but he just didn't fill me with confidence in the flesh at Northampton.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Kristoff wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:27 pm Well, how do you think we will do then? Play well but lose 3-1
What will the team be? Pass.
Which player will star? Woods
Which player will fail? If I have to pick one, and I don't actually want to... I'm going to go for Sarkic. I hope I'm wrong, but he just didn't fill me with confidence in the flesh at Northampton.
Hope you are wrong on the last one Kristoff

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Well that went well…. Surprising really considering all the exciting transfer activity this summer.

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Blues 0 Boggies 4

I still think this was a daft friendly to arrange I would have thought to play a Norwich / Watford / Burnley type would have been better for the players, I think the game was made with a financial idea behind it.

Im hoping LB is going to surprise us next week with a change in game play to the pre-season shown so far.

Today I saw the same back 4 that has battled relegation for the past 2 seasons.
I saw Gary Gardner still wasting the ball and losing possession under no pressure.
I saw Mr Bela giving a 10 minute performance out of a 60 / 90 minutes
I saw Jukey have no service and not play to his strengths (something LB stated when taking over last season)
I saw Mr Leko again give us nothing up top and I feel he is not good enough for this level.

If LB is trying to play out from the back he has the wrong players to do this, Blues may have a few at this level to do it - ie Colin, Woods, Sanchez, Chong and maybe the Chelsea kid ? ? ?

If you play Woods then play Hogan.
Defensively we are weak at left CB and the signing of Sanderson wont improve it.
Apologies if my post is negative, fingers crossed for the season, Id take your arm off NOW for mid-table.....

UTB..

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Can I just add this was just like watching a Pep Clotet Blues team ?

Dong will be dancing in Spain tonight............

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Pashun wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:32 am You're probably right people will be itching to get to a live game.
What was the crowd today - I never heard ?

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:21 pm What was the crowd today - I never heard ?

Easing those new bolts in.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Sorry, Jeff can't argue with any of that in any part. the only thing I can say in mitigation is
1/our keeper was crap, as Kristoff feared.
2/ the ref was crap and not only for gifting them a pen.
3/ That was the best championship team I've seen for a very long time.
4/ that won't be the team or formation we will play
5/ God can't be that cruel can he or she.
6/ Kro till I die and beyond.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:29 pm Blues 0 Boggies 4

I still think this was a daft friendly to arrange I would have thought to play a Norwich / Watford / Burnley type would have been better for the players, I think the game was made with a financial idea behind it.

Im hoping LB is going to surprise us next week with a change in game play to the pre-season shown so far.

Today I saw the same back 4 that has battled relegation for the past 2 seasons.
I saw Gary Gardner still wasting the ball and losing possession under no pressure.
I saw Mr Bela giving a 10 minute performance out of a 60 / 90 minutes
I saw Jukey have no service and not play to his strengths (something LB stated when taking over last season)
I saw Mr Leko again give us nothing up top and I feel he is not good enough for this level.

If LB is trying to play out from the back he has the wrong players to do this, Blues may have a few at this level to do it - ie Colin, Woods, Sanchez, Chong and maybe the Chelsea kid ? ? ?

If you play Woods then play Hogan.
Defensively we are weak at left CB and the signing of Sanderson wont improve it.
Apologies if my post is negative, fingers crossed for the season, Id take your arm off NOW for mid-table.....

UTB..
Cheers for your write up.

Agree about Gardner. Wasn't enthusiastic about his new deal. We need to improve on him if we want to progress. Decent squad player but not a starter.

Bela always seems like that, doesnt seem like he hasnthe fitness for a full match for somee reason. Although he can outlast the 5 minutes it would take for me to be blowing out my arse. He always seems better of the bench to me. Luckily we have Graham as well know so they can be rotated more easily.

Leko will be interesting to watch this season. People stuck for him last season because of him coming back from his injury, he's hasn't got that excuse this time. Never thought that much of him but Bowyer has seen him a lot more than I have and seems to have a lot of faith in him. Fingers crossed he does well.

I get what your saying about the defence. However Dean and Roberts were out players of the season last year and played well even under Karanka. Scoring goals was the problem and why we struggled. They'll have their dodgy games but when they do stick Roberts on the wing for 5 minutes and he'll get 3 assists 😁

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

berti auld wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:55 pm Sorry, Jeff can't argue with any of that in any part. the only thing I can say in mitigation is
1/our keeper was crap, as Kristoff feared.
2/ the ref was crap and not only for gifting them a pen.
1/ is a worry. You, Kristoff and a few reliable posters on SHA seem to all think the same. Seemed a slightly odd transfer to begin with even with Etheridge out. Hopefully it won't be something we have to be concerned about for too long.

2/should be used to that by now. We had a load of crap pen decisions last season.