Birmingham Live / Birmingham Mail

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

There seems to be a child running their Blues content and making things up along the way by following the internet ?

My advice for those interested.

Never Click on anything they deliver, this is an organisation going out of business.

The papers are finished and the social media has shown them up as a joke regards to a reporting outlet - they report the same company content outlets around the country.....

The Meaning Evil is finished.............

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

They aren't going out of business. Reach have just invested a load of extra money in them and they've since taken on more staff.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Can’t see it mattering tbh I think birmingham mail is done aswell

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

It is currently in the strongest position it had been in for the past 5 years, I think there's plenty of life in it yet, despite what a lot of people like to think. Many seem to have a really odd vendetta against it and I'll never understand why.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Why do they upload twitter posts from Blues supporters..

Surely this is lazy journalism ?

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:28 pm Why do they upload twitter posts from Blues supporters..

Surely this is lazy journalism ?
To be fair that seems to be the norm for a lot of outlets. It's not exclusive to the Birmingham Mail. Easy to find someone moaning about/praising something on Twitter and make a story out of it to suit.

It's the headlines for these that are the worst and probably make it stand out more...

'Blues fans wade in after being linked with experienced Hereford United midfielder. '

'Birmingham City fans pile in after Lee Clark's comments about his bingo machine.'

'Former Birmingham City CEO Xuandong Ren gets a FC Cornella tattoo in an surprising location and Blues fans are all saying the same thing.'

Or they sometimes just quote the stupidest comment the find in the headline and make it sound like we're all morons.

"I'd rather have Ferdinand Coly back" - Blues fans have their say on Sanderson signing.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Screamoblue wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:08 pm It is currently in the strongest position it had been in for the past 5 years, I think there's plenty of life in it yet, despite what a lot of people like to think. Many seem to have a really odd vendetta against it and I'll never understand why.
Used to love going into the shop on my way home to pick up the evening mail to see who blues were signing.. In a way i preferred it

Sad to say but that is now a thing of the past.. With twitter, social media, Whatsapp groups ect we now have news instantly coming to our phones.

Why do i want to see regurgitated news, The old boys may still use it if they arent internet savvy but their audience is moving further away every year

I can log on to twitter and get almost a live feed from reporters.. agents.. clubs all from the horses mouth.

By the time something comes out in the birmingham mail its old news i would say its a big struggle for many local newspapers but none more so than Birmingham mail Years and years of crap ppl eventually give up. Its got such a bad reputation now i dont think it matters what they do

I hope im wrong

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

What I really miss is the Argus! I used to read it time and time again.

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Blues fans are going Wild according to a post by the Birmingham Mail ?

Birmingham Live / Mail ....

Im afraid there is no life in a rotting corpse..

Jblue

Post by Jblue »

Pashun wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:33 pm To be fair that seems to be the norm for a lot of outlets. It's not exclusive to the Birmingham Mail. Easy to find someone moaning about/praising something on Twitter and make a story out of it to suit.

It's the headlines for these that are the worst and probably make it stand out more...

'Blues fans wade in after being linked with experienced Hereford United midfielder. '

'Birmingham City fans pile in after Lee Clark's comments about his bingo machine.'

'Former Birmingham City CEO Xuandong Ren gets a FC Cornella tattoo in an surprising location and Blues fans are all saying the same thing.'

Or they sometimes just quote the stupidest comment the find in the headline and make it sound like we're all morons.

"I'd rather have Ferdinand Coly back" - Blues fans have their say on Sanderson signing.
Got to say this is exactly the problem I have with the Birmingham Mail. The click bait style headlines are ridiculous. Feel bad for Brian Dick though as he tries his best and comes in for a bit of slack. This also isn’t isolated to BM - all regional outlets seem to be the same.

By the way, after lurking for a good long while it turns out this is the first post to make me set up an account. Wanted to say thanks to the guys that run the site and keep it up to date as it’s been an invaluable source of information for me.