Birmingham Live / Birmingham Mail

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Jblue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm Got to say this is exactly the problem I have with the Birmingham Mail. The click bait style headlines are ridiculous. Feel bad for Brian Dick though as he tries his best and comes in for a bit of slack. This also isn’t isolated to BM - all regional outlets seem to be the same.

By the way, after lurking for a good long while it turns out this is the first post to make me set up an account. Wanted to say thanks to the guys that run the site and keep it up to date as it’s been an invaluable source of information for me.
Welcome! It's nice something positive came from my post - however I'm not going to lie I was hoping for a laughing face or two, maybe even a lol/haha from Berti.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Welcome J and as for you my little pashun lol and a haha plus a Kro and even a Sotv

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Jblue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm Got to say this is exactly the problem I have with the Birmingham Mail. The click bait style headlines are ridiculous. Feel bad for Brian Dick though as he tries his best and comes in for a bit of slack. This also isn’t isolated to BM - all regional outlets seem to be the same.

By the way, after lurking for a good long while it turns out this is the first post to make me set up an account. Wanted to say thanks to the guys that run the site and keep it up to date as it’s been an invaluable source of information for me.
Welcome aboard J.

I go on the other forums now and again but i find this one is my go to as you give your opinion without getting some know it all trying to catch you out seems to be a competition on the others who's opinion matters the most. On here you get a good balance of Knowledge as there are a few people who have access to great info and seems to be a nice respect between blues fans which is missing IMO on other forums - up the wab

Long may it continue

KRO

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Welcome on board J!

Totally agree on the click-bait thing. Granted we don’t post an awful lot of articles right now, but something we’ve tried to steer away from with WAB articles is making them click bait, not using titles such as “This Blues star could be on his way out” and put titles that actually describe the article.

As you say though, it’s something that within the digital written media, now seems to be the norm.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Jblue

Post by Jblue »

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

So GLAD I started this Topic .......
Welcome