Away kit

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Quote from the club :
'Our away kit will be revealed before the month is out and serves as a nod to a modern classic from Blues’ history.'

What do we think this will be... Have the lads had any inside info?

Seen rumours that it was green again.. now saying it could be Pink!?

Some think its the gemany design.. The background to the team sheet Saturday made it look as it could be white.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I’ve not heard anything and haven’t asked. Quite like having the surprise to be fair.

With the modern classic thing, there’s a template shirt with black and red and black stripes which could fit, remember the old pony shirt?
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I really wanted green again to be honest!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

KROJim wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:29 pm I really wanted green again to be honest!
I hate green but must be honest, it really did seem to work for us. So it's a yes from me, Jim.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Kristoff wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:16 pm I’ve not heard anything and haven’t asked. Quite like having the surprise to be fair.

With the modern classic thing, there’s a template shirt with black and red and black stripes which could fit, remember the old pony shirt?
Think that was the first ever away kit I ever had. I also had the third kit that season which was sky blue and black stripes, I'm not entirely sure the first team ever wore it. It looked similar to the one we rarely wore under Hughton.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Crazy you say that Pashun... I was looking at that top earlier i cant ever remember it but what a kit. Not very blues but lovely kit all the same

https://www.subsidesports.com/uk/pony-b ... at-size-xl

https://museumofjerseys.com/2020/11/26/ ... usel-19823

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Yeh I liked it. Pretty sure we never wore it though - there was a story as to why but I can't remember what it was. I had all three that season - footie kits must have been a lot cheaper back then.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Wasn’t it meant to be a cup shirt? Think we only ever wore the shorts. We had Cov in the cup away so it clashed, then had someone who reversed the fixture to be played at our ground to maximise profits and we played in our home kit?! Sure we used the shorts a few times though to stop us clashing with white shorts.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I knew it was something to do with a clash. Couldn't figure out why it meant we never wore it at all so that makes sense.

As I say we had a similar coloured one under Hughton that was actually our proper away kit that I don't remember us wearing. I think he didn't like it. We wore the yellow third kit instead.

https://www.footballkitarchive.com/birm ... -away-kit/

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

I don’t think we did wear it, maybe only in a pre season friendly?