Northampton

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

My opinion....................................

I Thought that...

The GK had a mare
Some players got bullied and didnt want to get injured
Missed great chances from crosses
Terrible Bench with no options
Learning more about Leko
Woods will be a great signing (and will feed Hogan)
Along with Woods, Sanchez and Bela put a good shift in.

Im worried we still dont have a proper finisher (apart from an on form Hogan)

Blues fans were great today, I hope they didnt feel too bad after the result, I'll take this result and a shits how against Handsworth Albion to get a draw or win at Sheffield U.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:37 pm My opinion....................................

I Thought that...

The GK had a mare
Some players got bullied and didnt want to get injured
Missed great chances from crosses
Learning more about Leko
Woods will be a great signing (and will feed Hogan)
Along with Woods, Sanchez and Bela put a good shift in.

Im worried we still dont have a proper finisher (apart from an on form Hogan)

Blues fans were great today, I hope they didnt feel too bad after the result, I'll take this result and a shits how against Handsworth Albion to get a draw or win at Sheffield U.
Spot on Jeff, 100% agree with you Kro

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Rab C Nesbitt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:52 pm I'm convinced Sunjic is a better fit than Gardner
I agree. If we do sell Sunjic and don't get anyone in as a replacement I think we'll struggle. Our midfield will get bypassed to easily.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

JeffCrapes wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:37 pm My opinion....................................

I Thought that...
Too be fair Hogan, Aneke and Roberts played in the other game. Chong us still with Manu. We still have Sanderson to come in. Graham and Sunjic were injured. Bowyer still wants to bring in a striker. So I wouldn't be too worried on that front yet.

Didn't watch the game but heard the goalie was poor. Was his shot stopping not up to scratch or was he a bit nervy with crosses? Would you not sign him?

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

The second goal he tried to dribble around the striker and the striker took it off him and scored. The last goal took a wicked deflection and totally wrong-footed him no chance. Crosses no evidence, either way, he sweeps up behind the defence well and his distribution is good. Imho I don't feel he is good enough but would not hang him yet. In Bow, we must trust Kro

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Sarkic made one mistake. When you try to play out from the back as a team, these mistakes could happen early doors, it's the risk you take and better to get it out of the way now. He's shown in the other games that he's usually very tidy with his feet, commands his box and is a good shot-stopper. I would rather see a mistake like that which is easy to cut out than poor handling or positioning. He'll be more than a capable Championship goalkeeper. Honestly don't think there is anything to worry about.

With regards to being no options on the bench, that was the entire point in playing two games so the bulk of the squad got as many minutes as possible. Samchez was the only planned sub because of his recent groin issue.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Yeah he actually split the sides quite evenly so we are going to have a lot more depth

I thought the keeper was good in previous games as screamo says looked very tidy however there was a couple of occasions he looked dodgy yesterday but were after the mistake so maybe that was in his head

Thought we would see a bit more from leko and I really want things to fall for him but I don’t think you can read too much into these games

I am looking forward to seeing jordan Graham play I think he could be the gem of the summer

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Screamoblue wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 am Sarkic made one mistake. When you try to play out from the back as a team, these mistakes could happen early doors, it's the risk you take and better to get it out of the way now. He's shown in the other games that he's usually very tidy with his feet, commands his box and is a good shot-stopper. I would rather see a mistake like that which is easy to cut out than poor handling or positioning. He'll be more than a capable Championship goalkeeper. Honestly don't think there is anything to worry about.

With regards to being no options on the bench, that was the entire point in playing two games so the bulk of the squad got as many minutes as possible. Samchez was the only planned sub because of his recent groin issue.
I do think he is getting a bit of a slating for one mistake. You have made me feel a lot better screamo and I would have liked to see Simmonds on. as I hold high hopes for him. What is your take on the Browne situation screamo or anybody, please

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

As in Rico Browne? Not really sure, I think he'll see out his scholarship and leave at the end similar to Miller. Surprised he hasn't left already to be honest, I thought he was due a medical with Brighton.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Screamoblue wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:13 am As in Rico Browne? Not really sure, I think he'll see out his scholarship and leave at the end similar to Miller. Surprised he hasn't left already to be honest, I thought he was due a medical with Brighton.
Thanks sreamo that was my reading of the situation, greedy little bugger.