Northampton

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

berti auld wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:03 am The second goal he tried to dribble around the striker and the striker took it off him and scored. The last goal took a wicked deflection and totally wrong-footed him no chance. Crosses no evidence, either way, he sweeps up behind the defence well and his distribution is good. Imho I don't feel he is good enough but would not hang him yet. In Bow, we must trust Kro
I'm not too worried about that then. Those are the sort of mistakes you learn from. It's not like he has the Lee Camp flaw of diving in installments. He might not be trying to dribble round a striker in a real match anyway.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

He does not seem very tall to me but screamo says he is ok so that is good enough for me!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

berti auld wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:30 pm He does not seem very tall to me but screamo says he is ok so that is good enough for me!
He's 6ft 5 according to Wikipedia. His agent might have written that entry though 😁

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Yeah, no chance he is 6 ft 5! If he is, he looks deceptively short!

I’m not sold on him after yesterday and despite me wanting him to go out and get first team experience elsewhere, would rather use Jeacock.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

He's 6ft 4" and he'll be absolutely fine as a keeper in the Championship. One blip with his feet in a friendly is nothing to be overly concerned about, he's been fine otherwise. Certainly better than anything else we have available to us at the moment. I think Jeacock showed in that last game that he's probably not ready for Champ yet.

One thing I will say is, we're going to have a real problem if we're still playing out from the back when Etheridge eventually comes back into the team.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

That 6ft 4 is very deceiving then, as we googled it at the pub after and everyone thought he looked about 6ft at the most.

He didn’t look commanding or confident to me at all yesterday, and seemed very quiet, which isn’t a good trait for a keeper.

We’ll see how he goes, but if we’re just giving an inexperienced keeper experience, I’d rather gamble and play Jeacock.

Screamoblue wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:26 pm He's 6ft 4" and he'll be absolutely fine as a keeper in the Championship. One blip with his feet in a friendly is nothing to be overly concerned about, he's been fine otherwise. Certainly better than anything else we have available to us at the moment. I think Jeacock showed in that last game that he's probably not ready for Champ yet.

One thing I will say is, we're going to have a real problem if we're still playing out from the back when Etheridge eventually comes back into the team.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

They used to say Benno was 6'1 but he was nowhere near that. He must be very round-shouldered because he seems very small to everyone else. I am going to watch the highlights again and watch him closely lol

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

The blokes signed and is a better option than Prieto.