Defenders

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

The Usual 4 of Colin, Dean, Roberts and Pederson are still there.

Still a 4 that cant organise and still a 4 that will give goals away without doubt ?

Still dont see any brains in them as I think they will conceed ?

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

If they are given clear instructions they are more than serviceable Championship defenders, as has been proven previously. They all have their faults, but Bowyer seems to be able to get the best out of them, so I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about in all honesty.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

If they’re that bad Sanderson or Castillo will break into the team

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

One friendly left.

Sanderson will be well bedded in ?

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Sanderson will not be up to speed for another couple of weeks, he has only just started light training

Screamoblue

Post by Screamoblue »

Thankfully Sanderson is at Blues for the season and not just a few weeks, so he has time to bed in. He will have to earn his place in the team too.
The other co-host of the We Are Birmingham Podcast: Listen Now!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 am Thankfully Sanderson is at Blues for the season and not just a few weeks, so he has time to bed in. He will have to earn his place in the team too.
Yes, you are right screamo. I hope we do not expect too much from him because he is young and untried in the championship. I do hope we give him time to settle and not expect too much but I do think he is a great prospect and will be an asset to us. So be patient same with Matt the keeper.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Screamoblue wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 am Thankfully Sanderson is at Blues for the season and not just a few weeks, so he has time to bed in. He will have to earn his place in the team too.
Thanks Lee