Crowley

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

On trial with Cheltenham.

Something has gone wrong with his career. I wouldn't read too much into being on trial because obviously teams need to be careful with their money after the past 18 months. However he's gone from being a regular in the Eredivisie to being on trial at a club newly promoted from League 2 in the space of two seasons.

I think there is a good player in there. Is it a case of all style no substance though? Looks good on the ball but ultimately contributes nothing to a game.

Shame it didn't work out at us. It looked like we signed someone we could potentialy sell on for a big profit.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Pashun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:25 am On trial with Cheltenham.

Something has gone wrong with his career. I wouldn't read too much into being on trial because obviously teams need to be careful with their money after the past 18 months. However he's gone from being a regular in the Eredivisie to being on trial at a club newly promoted from League 2 in the space of two seasons.

I think there is a good player in there. Is it a case of all style no substance though? Looks good on the ball but ultimately contributes nothing to a game.

Shame it didn't work out at us. It looked like we signed someone we could potentialy sell on for a big profit.
Yes same here shame really

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Technically he’s a very good player, however in my opinion he plays with his head down. There was a game not long after football restarted where he had an ideal opportunity to play Colin in for a 1 on 1, but he hasn’t spotted the run and for me that summed him up. Often missed easy passes and ended up holding on to the ball for too long.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Kristoff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:06 pm holding on to the ball for too long.
Those eight words probably sum up why he is where he is.

Jblue

Post by Jblue »

Unfortunately he’s one of those players who’s wasted their talent. If he had the mindset of someone like Milner he’d be an absolute world beater but just doesn’t have it in him. I’d chuck him in with Ravel Morrison and Halilovic. We’ve really not missed out by releasing him.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

bought the space and provided the cross for one of my favourite goals in recent times (baileys last min winner) but other than that not a great time at blues.

Showed sparks of real talent but as you all said head down and held on to the ball too long

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Looked great when first signed in Dong World Vision, but as the team struggled he seemed worse. Shame as he is talented, should go to the USA..