Sheffield United Away

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Good sleep tonight.
Well done Blues, a bit gob smacked all the same !

UTB..

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Get in!!!

My thoughts:

Colin - MOM not should for his goal (should have had two), defended well too.

Chong - defensively really good which surprised me, would like to see more of what he could do at the other end of the pitch. Very unlucky not to get an assist. He'll be a fan favourite.

Woods - looked good.

Juke - so annoyed at him, Why oh why did he push the defender?! Would have liked to see Aneke on for him.

Dean , Roberts and Pederson - starting the season as they finished of the last one.

Sarkic - Couldn't judge really because the Sheff Utd players seem to be having shooting training from Jonny Wilkinson. Seemed to get more confident as the game wore on.

Gardner and Hogan - meh. Bit of diving from the former, enjoyed his overhead clearance. The later was offside a lot but at least he was making runs.

Bela - Thought he played well. Usually disappears after a while, don't think he did tonight. Great cross for the goal.

Castillo - not sure.

Sunjic - good to see him get minutes.

Leko - what was he doing at the end? Deary me.

Thought the ref was good. No complaint about the yellows even though we had lots of them.

Great result. We created the best chances so thought we deserved it. We won the first game against good opposition last season, hope we don't repeat what happened after. We actually try to get the ball forward so that already an improvement.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

A very good performance they all worked their socks of for Bow. Bela ain't a wing-back and I don't want to see him there again, please. The 3 attackers were poor and what has Chucks done not to get some minutes. Very pleased with Chong and the defence including the keeper but he frightens me more than campy. Brilliant start real hopes of at least mid-table and still a couple of signing to come Kro

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Well deserved and strong shift put in by Blues and it was no smash and grab result.
Bows and his staff set up the side well and didnt allow United to get any type of foothold in the game the 75% possession rate was based more in the home teams own third of the field.
To think Jukes daft push on there defender stopped us a two goal lead plus clear cut misses from the same player and Hogan where very telling.
Those misses could have cost us the win. Some of our decision making regarding stupid yellow cards was concerning but it doesn't detract from the win and the said performance.
Chong, Colin, Roberts and Woods were standout for me plus the keeper will be happier with a clean sheet, and Im really liking the off field game coaching from Kennedy and Harsley which will aid Lee.

Hopefully apart from Trueman all the subs will hopefully get a start along with the likes of Graham, Lakin and maybe one or two kids.

Well done all UTB !

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Yes, I totally agree with Jeff, and I thought Dean played well. It really annoys me with this possession in their own half it means nothing.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I know i keep saying I want things to fall for leko and then slag him off but after his teammates have worked their nuts off for 90 +6 mins he basically put ya man through what was he thinking

That is my only gripe which after a trip to the favourites for promotion is saying something

Woods class
Chongy class
Defence were good

To think we still have etheridge Sanderson Sanchez Graham Chuks to add to that when necessary

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Bluemachine wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:01 pm I know i keep saying I want things to fall for leko and then slag him off but after his teammates have worked their nuts off for 90 +6 mins he basically put ya man through what was he thinking

That is my only gripe which after a trip to the favourites for promotion is saying something

Woods class
Chongy class
Defence were good

To think we still have etheridge Sanderson Sanchez Graham Chuks to add to that when necessary
Agree regarding Leko, but fast losing the faith, squad player at best at the moment.