Colchester EFL Cup

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

TrickY tie for Blues on Tuesday, United had the long drive to Carlisle to get a 0-0 draw with their young GK Shamal George keeping them in the game, Blues should also keep an eye on young Fulham loan striker Sylvester Jasper who is really rapid and last season scored 8 in 18 for the Cottagers U23's .
Hayden Mullins is there gaffer and has ex Watford winger Alex Dyer as assistant.

So no walk in the park for Blues but I would hope for a cup run of some sort.

UTB..

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I'm just glad it's Alex not Lloyd. He'd probably score against even from the dugout.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Look forward to seeing Aneke start hopefully and Graham if hes available

I would play :

------------Sarkic----------

Gordon Roberts Friend Castillo

Sanchez Sunjic Lakin Graham

-------Aneke----Leko--------

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Bluemachine wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:01 am Look forward to seeing Aneke start hopefully and Graham if hes available

I would play :

Midfield and up front looks fine.

Defense looks dodgy though. Just shows how bare our cover is, you can see why they might be signing Dann.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Was looking forward to watching this later..
Just been told its not on tv anywhere which is dissapointing,
Considering getting a ticket but hate games with stands closed ect

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Bluemachine wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:01 am Look forward to seeing Aneke start hopefully and Graham if hes available

I would play :

You've been giving advice to Bowyer haven't you?

Defence is going to have a tough game.

Jobe on the bench.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Thoughts from the game yesterday...

Start with the negatives :

I thought Sunjic was awful and think he is one of the 'senior players' LB was referring to at the end of the game, people have made a lot of excuses for him since he joined but he just isnt the player we thought he would be. He loses possession so much its actually a joke stray passes straight to their forwards.

George Friend had a shocker

Graham gave the ball away an awful lot and was very dissapointing

Castillo looked lost OK going forward but doesnt look like a defender

Lekos touch is crap and if he doesnt ever score a competitive goal i wouldnt be suprised

Aneke held the ball up well at times but didnt show too much

Lakin was just OK... As LB said these lads should be giving him something to think about and they didnt.

Positives were :
Nico gordon had a good game until he came off

Thought Oakley was ok also

LB's honesty after the game

KRO

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Sanchez?

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Sanchez wasnt in the game as much as i would have liked. He did show his class once or twice but nowhere near often enough.

I think he is one of them players that needs good players around him - that 1/2 touch football and other players making runs opening space for him to run into ect but it was often he had the ball with no options and facing 2 defenders so i wont be too harsh

If i am been honest though I wouldnt be dissapointed to see any of them in that team leave (bar sanchez)

Riley Mcgree also came on near the end and did look bright but wouldnt have been hard to stand out yesterday we were shocking

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Bluemachine wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:00 am Thoughts from the game yesterday...

Start with the negatives :

I thought Sunjic was awful and think he is one of the 'senior players' LB was referring to at the end of the game, people have made a lot of excuses for him since he joined but he just isnt the player we thought he would be. He loses possession so much its actually a joke stray passes straight to their forwards.

George Friend had a shocker

Graham gave the ball away an awful lot and was very dissapointing

Castillo looked lost OK going forward but doesnt look like a defender

Lekos touch is crap and if he doesnt ever score a competitive goal i wouldnt be suprised

Aneke held the ball up well at times but didnt show too much

Lakin was just OK... As LB said these lads should be giving him something to think about and they didnt.

Positives were :
Nico gordon had a good game until he came off

Thought Oakley was ok also

LB's honesty after the game

KRO
Cheers.

Castillo looked poor in defence on Saturday I thought. Okay he might have been played out of position but still. Also seen a few people who watched the friendlies comment he looked better going forward.

Disappointed tour midfield and strikers didn't show much,