Karanka - Push or Walk?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Danblue

Post by Danblue »

Can not see him walking or any manager walking when then get paid for being sacked. Not sure about the tweet as apparently the rumour was started by a fake Alan Nixon account but one things for sure something has to change and Karanka has not shown any fight at all in his dimenir so if he’s here I don’t fancy him in a relegation fight. As much as I dislike chopping and changing managers we deffo need a new influence to kick up the backside of these players as said on the other thread, we don’t have a bad squad, we just look clueless at times and that can only be tactics tbh.

Danblue

Post by Danblue »

Push, push Nie, push 6 weeks ago tbh!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Danblue wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 pm Can not see him walking or any manager walking when then get paid for being sacked. Not sure about the tweet as apparently the rumour was started by a fake Alan Nixon account but one things for sure something has to change and Karanka has not shown any fight at all in his dimenir so if he’s here I don’t fancy him in a relegation fight. As much as I dislike chopping and changing managers we deffo need a new influence to kick up the backside of these players as said on the other thread, we don’t have a bad squad, we just look clueless at times and that can only be tactics tbh.
I could absolutely see Karanka walking if things weren't going his way, as he has before. Although I actually reckon the relationship between Dong and AK is good.
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Danblue

Post by Danblue »

I see what your saying, he did walk from Forrest as he asked for more money to push them over the line so he left when they said no. This situation is a bit different, as you say dong and him seem close and both believe in the 3 year plan. Problem is relegation was never part of that plan so I think he’ll get pushed, if not it worse than I thought. It means we’re doomed and stick with the pair of them in league 1. If Karanka walks I guess he will try to save face by saying he never had the resources to turn us around, which will go against all he is saying now that he knew we had no money and it’s going to be tough.
For me it’s just the bcfc circus all happening again.
I’m always blues no matter what, Plymouth away Tuesday night or carping cup. No diff, KRO sack the fool and get someone to save us again. 🤙

JackBCFC97

Post by JackBCFC97 »

Kristoff wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm I could absolutely see Karanka walking if things weren't going his way, as he has before. Although I actually reckon the relationship between Dong and AK is good.
Agree with you here Chris, he’s proved it twice before if things aren’t how we wants them he’ll go, so if that was the case he’d have walked by now. Dong needs this appointment to work for his own sake. Imagine trying to explain that the man you’ve been trying to appoint for a few seasons is gone after half a season...

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Exactly that mate. Plus he has previous!

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Without sounding like captain obvious, I think a lot depends on the next three games. I'd set him a points target - say 6 minimum or you're out. I'm not on board the 'Karanka out' bus just yet but he simply has to start picking wins up, by any means. I don't care if the winning goal deflects off a dog turd on the pitch, hits Harlee Dean on the nostril and roll in. A win is vitally important.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

robshawil wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:05 pm Without sounding like captain obvious, I think a lot depends on the next three games. I'd set him a points target - say 6 minimum or you're out. I'm not on board the 'Karanka out' bus just yet but he simply has to start picking wins up, by any means. I don't care if the winning goal deflects off a dog turd on the pitch, hits Harlee Dean on the nostril and roll in. A win is vitally important.
We spoke about this on the podcast last night. Realistically, he has these 3 games, and it's to what expectation is on these 3 games (if indeed the bosses have set a target).

I probably think he needs to pick up 7 points from the 3, although 6 would be ok... Anything less and I think they need to assess the situation. Each of the next 3 games are equally important though.

robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm We spoke about this on the podcast last night. Realistically, he has these 3 games, and it's to what expectation is on these 3 games (if indeed the bosses have set a target).

I probably think he needs to pick up 7 points from the 3, although 6 would be ok... Anything less and I think they need to assess the situation. Each of the next 3 games are equally important though.
Totally agree Kris - although I believe 6 pts wouldn't be a bad return given our current form. Although, if we lost the first of the three games v Luton, would he last much longer? My mindset would be 'win on Saturday and take it from there'.

Listened to the pod today, informative as always! KRO!

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Cheers Rob! That's where I think each game is equally important. I think he needs a win from the first, definitely not to lose... If he wins the first 2, the pressure is off for the final game a little, but I'm not sure I can see us winning both at the moment.