Karanka - Push or Walk?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
robshawil

Post by robshawil »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm Cheers Rob! That's where I think each game is equally important. I think he needs a win from the first, definitely not to lose... If he wins the first 2, the pressure is of for the final game a little, but I'm not sure I can see us winning both at the moment.
Not sure I can see us winning any at the moment!

Score Already

Post by Score Already »

We gotta start winning or we’re gonna get our asses demoted for sure. And if anybody thinks we’re just gonna go down to League One and get our fingers into some Championship rings in our sophomore year then they need to get their head out of their fanny and get real
Last edited by Score Already on Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Score Already wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 pm We gotta start winning or we’re gonna get our asses demoted for sure. And if anybody thinks we’re just gonna go down to League One and get our fingers into some Championship rings in our sophomore year then they need to get their head out of their fanny and get real
Think you've been watching too much American Football mate!
Co-Host of The WAB Podcast: Listen Now!

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:52 pm Cheers Rob! That's where I think each game is equally important. I think he needs a win from the first, definitely not to lose... If he wins the first 2, the pressure is off for the final game a little, but I'm not sure I can see us winning both at the moment.
I'd still be very worried if we won the first two to be honest. We've had a couple of false dawns this season when we've won two on the bounce only to go on a poor run of form after.

I know Karanka has form for walking but don't think he will this time. I think this is a bit of a last chance saloon for him. He had 18 months prior to coming here where nobody else wanted him, if he leaves us like we are now I can't see him getting any more jobs of a similar pedigree.

Alexjames

Post by Alexjames »

Kristoff wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm We spoke about this on the podcast last night. Realistically, he has these 3 games, and it's to what expectation is on these 3 games (if indeed the bosses have set a target).

I probably think he needs to pick up 7 points from the 3, although 6 would be ok... Anything less and I think they need to assess the situation. Each of the next 3 games are equally important though.
To go from averaging 1 point per game to achieving 6 in our next 3 seems a bit of a stretch. 2 PTS a game is promotion form. Means winning 2 from 3 when we've won 6 in 28!

That said it IS achievable given the opposition and our away record. Personally I'd be satisfied with 5, providing we play reasonably well. Would give us a platform and a bit more belief back. Confidence & belief are absolutely vital.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

Pashun wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:59 pm I'd still be very worried if we won the first two to be honest. We've had a couple of false dawns this season when we've won two on the bounce only to go on a poor run of form after.
What I actually meant is in terms of the next 3 games. If we only get a point from each of the first 2 games, the third is a must win. If they win the first 2, it relieves that pressure slightly. Immediate pressure, but not for the rest of the season.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Sorry I knew what you meant I was just going off on a tangent.

Kristoff

Post by Kristoff »

In terms of the season in general, you’re right. It’s already a long fight back.