Barnsley Away

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Our defence is doing fine. We have only conceded in 2 out of 5 league games. We also have Sanderson to come in and possibly Dann.

Yesterday we were one goal down and should have won comfortably in the end. So even if they do make a mistake it isn't game over like it was under Karanka, Zola and too be fair under Rowett. That in itself is a massive improvement.

We need a striker. Hogan does gets in the right positions which us why I'd play him over the others. Hes also more mobile than Juke. He's a streaky player, I can see him hitting a purple patch at some point in the season like before COVID. Don't think Deeney will fair any better than them.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Rab C Nesbitt wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:43 pm But, things are looking much more positive. Yesterday we were unfortunate not to win by 2 goals. We're tough, a nightmare to play against and yet have a few decent players on the ball. We can mix it up. After a tough start we could have at least 3 more points. I'm chuffed we have 8 points tbh and the 4th best goal difference in the league
Totally agree with Rab, if we can get another one as good as Chong but a striker and not Deeney plus one more that adds something to the team then I really do think we can get to the playoffs. Not that I am greedy. We would have lost against them last year but we showed fight and a lot of skill. Other teams are going to gang up on Chong and this is where other players need to take advantage of the space that has been, as I think Bela did Saturday. We still have Sanderson, Graham and Sanchez that can make an impact, also GG will also add something to the team.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Pashun wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 pm Our defence is doing fine. We have only conceded in 2 out of 5 league games. We also have Sanderson to come in and possibly Dann.

Yesterday we were one goal down and should have won comfortably in the end. So even if they do make a mistake it isn't game over like it was under Karanka, Zola and too be fair under Rowett. That in itself is a massive improvement.

We need a striker. Hogan does gets in the right positions which us why I'd play him over the others. Hes also more mobile than Juke. He's a streaky player, I can see him hitting a purple patch at some point in the season like before COVID. Don't think Deeney will fair any better than them.
Ignore the Dann comment. He's gone to Reading!

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

We did not need him pash that's why Bow did not bother Kro

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Yes I'm not too fussed. Palace fans saying he is really slow now and he was never exactly speedy to begin with!