Best 11

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

Bluemachine wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:28 pm Them long throws are a waste of time IMO what have a scored 1 in around 100 throw ins?

Not to mention the 2 foul throws turning possession straight over to them in the last game.

Surely that was a tactic last season when we had no direction plan ect but cant be looking at that going forward.

I would be suprised if Juke was dropped for me other than a breif 10 game spell when he first came on loan Hogan has been pish misses absolute sitters week after week

Time will tell though
You don't score off many free kicks or corners into the box, it's still worth it though as you pin them deep and Jukes goal on Saturday came from Sunjicheading back into their box after a throw I think. Plus I reckon we'll definitely use Deeneys aerial ability from them. And I totally get why

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

Other than his goal, which was well taken, juke looked very poor. Pushing defenders who are facing their own goal and giving away senseless free kicks, terrible control and first touch as well as visibly slow, I have said for a long time he shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11. Deeney is a better quality version and one is enough.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Think you are being a bit hard on jukey but do not think he is good enough now. I hope deeney will be an improvement but not sure he will stay fit, I think we will have to nurse him along noosa

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I agree about Juke. The pushes irritate me. That one that got Colin's goal disallowed earlier in the season was especially annoying.

Not convinced Deeney will be much better but will have to wait and see.

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

I’m assuming Deeney will be the same as Juke, but with a better finish. Hopefully. But I think we have a good championship side, and for once optimistic about upcoming games.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

yes me too noosa UTFB