Best 11

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

--------------------Ethers------------------

---------Sanderson---Dean---Pedersen-------

Colin-------------------------------------Bela

-------------Woods-----Sunjic----------------

------------------Chong---------------------

----------Deeney----------Juke---------------

Personally i would go with this.. Very harsh on Roberts as he really is playing well and wins a lot in the air. I just feel he always has a mistake in him, His passing isnt the best and the long throw slows our game down too much and its too inconsistent one min direct next looped then the next 2 foul throws. I think Sanderson will look to play out a bit more and thats what we need.

Sarkic obviously until Ethers is fit..

Gardner/Sunjic rotate throughout the season

Aneke/Juke rotate likewise

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I'd start Roberts instead of Sanderson. Not sure how well the latter will perform in the championship. Plus Roberts has been playing well in the past year.

I'd start Hogan instead of Juke. Deeney and Juke can interchange. We need Hogan's movement. I don't think Deeney and Juke will be able to get in the box from open play enough.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

There is no chance hes dropping Juke unless injured

I agree Juke/Deeney lacks pace but thats what it will be im 99% sure if that

Yeah agree hard one to take roberts out but one suits the style we are trying to play and the other doesnt.

If it was old fashioned head/clear everything there isnt many better but i feel he will want to build from the back

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Also interesting and we have Sanchez/Bela/Graham all to come in if we switch to 4-4-2

We actually dont have a bad squad the only player we dont really have cover for is woods but 1 step at a time.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I totally agree with pash, Sanderson has not played right of 3 in the championship he is a very unknown quantity. If you are playing 2 big buggers upfront then surely you want Roberts launching in his long throws. I think Hogon is a cert to play with a big man up front.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Them long throws are a waste of time IMO what have a scored 1 in around 100 throw ins?

Not to mention the 2 foul throws turning possession straight over to them in the last game.

Surely that was a tactic last season when we had no direction plan ect but cant be looking at that going forward.

I would be suprised if Juke was dropped for me other than a breif 10 game spell when he first came on loan Hogan has been pish misses absolute sitters week after week

Time will tell though

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Yes, but the foul throws were throwing it short. It is more varied this season and if you don't play Hogan then they will push us 10 yds higher up the pitch, he has been disappointing but we have nobody else except Aneke may be.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Yeah it can be useful on occasion but allowing the whole team to regroup and get bodies back is frustrating.. 1 goal in 100 throws the juice just isnt worth the squeeze for me.

I was of the same opinion at the start of this thread (cant wait to see deeney and hogan) but when i weighed the pros and cons

If you lose hogan they may occasionally push us 10 yards like you say but if you lose Juke you lose a lot more IMO and if im honest Hogan isnt even that quick.

I think the hope is Deeney wont be missing chances that fall in the box (similar to what hogan has this season a few times) so i think jukes knock downs/flick ons will be finished by Deeney rather than Deeney creating them for Hogan

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Bluemachine wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 pm Yeah it can be useful on occasion but allowing the whole team to regroup and get bodies back is frustrating.. 1 goal in 100 throws the juice just isnt worth the squeeze for me.

I was of the same opinion at the start of this thread (cant wait to see deeney and hogan) but when i weighed the pros and cons

If you lose hogan they may occasionally push us 10 yards like you say but if you lose Juke you lose a lot more IMO and if im honest Hogan isnt even that quick.

I think the hope is Deeney wont be missing chances that fall in the box (similar to what hogan has this season a few times) so i think jukes knock downs/flick ons will be finished by Deeney rather than Deeney creating them for Hogan
Fair enough mach in Bow we trust and I am sure he will get it right. A couple of the kids might get a chance, Jobe is scoring for fun but he is only 15.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I don't think Juke has been any better than Hogan so far this season tbh. Don't think we are particularly blessed with strikers who take their chances whoever plays.