Bowyer / Kennedy

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Are they all that ?

Teams after a month have worked them out.

Poor excuses from LB after todays dross.

Next Easter will tell a lot ??

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I think it is silly to write them off after two defeats in a row, when we started off so well.

However my concern with Bowyer was that Charlton had a really good start to the season then got relegated. Maybe that shows that once we get in a bit of rut we will struggle to get out of it. It's early days yet and he's down enough since he's here to warrant some trust. I'm sure we'll bounce back next game.

I do think we should have signed a pacy striker though!

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Pashun wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:11 pm I think it is silly to write them off after two defeats in a row, when we started off so well.

However my concern with Bowyer was that Charlton had a really good start to the season then got relegated. Maybe that shows that once we get in a bit of rut we will struggle to get out of it. It's early days yet and he's down enough since he's here to warrant some trust. I'm sure we'll bounce back next game.

I do think we should have signed a pacy striker though!
I didnt write them off but in defence it hasnt changed for 2-3 years, the same defenders who nearly got the team relegated.

Bowyer signed Aneke / Deeney but let Leko go who was a pacy striker.....

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

He's pacy but the striker part was the problem. I should have said one that actually scores for us.

You have been saying that about our defence for ages. Think it's a fair point.

They were doing very well only a week ago though. This is the first time they've not performed under Bowyer for two games on the bounce.

I saw some of our fans mentioning the P word so on the plus side at least they've had a reality check.

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Think I will ask my Boss if I can have 2 days off after doing a full days work, I wonder if I can get a reference from LB explaining my fatigue ?

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

Why cant Lee Bowyer & his squad handle a Wed - Sat turn around ?

Concerning ??

Macca4

Post by Macca4 »

Think it’s only relevant if you get beat🤣

Disappointed he came out with that a week after we had an extra days rest before the Fulham game.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I am sure he is only saying that to protect the team. I am sure he does not believe that himself and gave the players a rocket. Well that is what I am hoping anyway.

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

I like Lee Bowyer, but is he putting himself under pressure.

His 2 games a week comments have made him look like a mug.

And now his team looks like conceding goals....

LAST 5 GAMES......L L D L L.... scored 1 conceded 12....

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Echoes of Charlton's season in the Championship under him. Worrying.

I have more faith in him turning it around than previous managers. Maybe I'm misguided though.