DEAN

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

The quicker we get him out the club the better..

Not good enough for Championship (ask Brentford) They took the money and run.
Cant Play at second tier level. (I mean play)
Part of a defence that keeps Blues hovering around relegation.
Never a captain of Blues. Ear rolled the Tilton ? (not good) We have better options.
Makes too many mistakes leading to conceding goals.

Get rid..

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

Exactly one week ago I posted on here we would beat Fulham because we have the best Defence in the championship. It’s been a long week. Agree, we have Deeney as captain so Dean has no value. Is it a coincidence we have fallen apart since Deeney arrived, and by no means am I blaming Deeney, but a shift of power perhaps?

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

We've had a bad week, but plenty of decent weeks previously. Let's not panic or scapegoating players. Dean has value because he's one of our best centre halves.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

I know its only my opinion, but I still dont believe in coincidences, especially that Dean has been in the squad with several managers and each and every time something happens that upsets the equilibrium out of his favor then things appear to start going wrong.

I dont rate him, I dont think he is captain material and I dont agree with half of his musings via insta either. I just dont think he is the kind of influence I would like at the club, but of course, it is only my opinion.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I'm looking forward to the absolute scenes when Dean scores the winner at the weekend.

I never used to like him before last season. He's grown on me, mainly because he's been decent in the period since. He does have some crap games and howlers in him though. Same goes with Roberts.

Not sure it's fair to say things starting going wrong when he's put out of joint. There are a few other players that could be levelled at too. Juke has been a worse performer in the last 18 months than Dean.

I wouldn't have made him captain. I think at the time the vast majority wouldn't have either. Not sure anyone is consistent enough to be captain.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I posted in the Pboro thread slagging dean off and i was wrong.

Its a couple of losses and very hard to take.. Hurts more as i finally thought we were doing something good and i was looking for someone to blame.

Its unfair to pin it all on dean after his performances since Bowyer took over.

KROJim

Post by KROJim »

Dont get me wrong it isnt as if I am not acknowledging he has done a job for us, but, I think yes, he is also not one to be singled out. Juke has indeed been ailing for the last season and a half now, I dont think Covid helped him but age isnt on his side.

I do still think the squad needs changes, Dean, Juke, Gardner all need upgrading, Pedersen needs competition, its all in an ideal world, but the situation the squad is in is symptomatic of above ownership.

One day itll all change, until then, its going to be very much highs and lows.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

As I say I never used to rate him at all. Think he's improved recently but yeah we do need upgrades on those players if we want to go up the division.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

We have no one better so no choice get behind him.

JeffCrapes

Post by JeffCrapes »

berti auld wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 pm We have no one better so no choice get behind him.
That's the sad thing about it..