Has it ever felt this hopeless?

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Evanio

Post by Evanio »

My first memories are early 70’s. Not bad you know. Decent crowds, great players, competitive - proud of what I held dear.

Late 70’s saw a decline and the 80’s were mostly awful. Unfortunately for me I was at my most engaged from a supporting perspective back then.
TBH I didn’t give a shit if we were shit, I was young and our day would come.

Mid 90’s great fun, late 90’s competitive but some proper anguish at times but my appetite and love for Blues was still paramount in my life.

The first 10 years of the new millennium was in retrospect probably as good as I’ll see apart from nostalgic memories of the 70’s penguin, Goodwin, Francis, Latchford, Hatton.

The last few years are not as bleak as the Weldon years but are probably feel worse because the now seems a lack of hope.

No hope is a real problem. And now I’m not young.

Please someone tell me I’m wrong.

KRO.

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

You're not 😆

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I go back to the '50s and was no better then but you still have a lot of years ahead Evanio so keep right on that's why we are Blues haha UTFB and another UTFB COMEONNNNNNNNN💙💙💙🙌🙌👍😂🤣🤞 never give up KRO

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Cheers Rab & Berti boy… I needed reminding 💪🏻

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

I hate what the sods are doing to us, but I, like the rest of you, am addicted. Roll on Wednesday

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

To be honest this last 10 years has been awful...

Its the hope that kills you, Every season i think this is the year it changes but its just same old.

No matter who the manager is or what players play it just seems to be the same.

I am getting very bored of it to be honest.

I was going to buy my first season ticket since prem days before this season started, I can genuinely say if you offered me a free ticket for an upcoming game i wouldnt be sure to go.. and speaking to a lot of lads that have also had enough.

Real shame as if they got it right we could have had st andrews back where it should be atmosphere wise this season.

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

I buy my season ticket out of habit to spend time with my lad and as part of the dayhaving a beer and a laugh with mates I've met through being Blues. Same reason I go to most away games. If the day involved only the football I don't think I could do it. It would as miserable as going to work, but I get paid to do that and therefore I need to do it

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

How is your mate Rab?

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

Do you mean the lad who had the heart attack/cardiac arrest?
If so that was my brother's mate. He's opened his eyes and squeezed a nurses hand. Still on the machine but positive news thanks,if that was who you meant

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Rab C Nesbitt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:39 pm Do you mean the lad who had the heart attack/cardiac arrest?
If so that was my brother's mate. He's opened his eyes and squeezed a nurses hand. Still on the machine but positive news thanks,if that was who you meant
Yes, it was Rab and that is very good news. Let us hope he makes a full recovery, only 36 did you say on Sha?