Chong

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Well, that is a hell of a blow and peds and Colin are out for a further 4 weeks. Injuries are hitting us very hard, Sanderson also went off at half-time let us hope he is ok, the international break can't come quickly enough but what a cracking result last night. Not a great match but how poor were the tities. the standouts were Graham with an assist and looked dangerous every time, the only complaint is he always goes on the outside and they will soon suss him out. Bela was superb and dangerous and both defended well. The defence looked tight, with Friend superb. In midfield Sunjic was brilliant and it was good that he was because GG was dreadful except for the last 10 minutes. On to the attack and I must eat humble pie here, Troy was superb and was a masterclass in holding the ball up and the understanding with Hoggy is certainly developing also Hoggy took his goal magnificently and worked his socks off UTFB. Oh and only 2 points off a playoff spot, can we dream of course we can let us have another UTFB

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Agree with all of that Bert,

Think the defence looks a lot better.. Roberts in the center with Friend and sanderson looks to have speed and strength with a good reading of the game.

It also allows us to play Graham and Bela and they get up the pitch so much faster than Colin & peds do and they both can deliver well.

Deeney and hogan look to be forging a good partnership now which is good to see,

I love Deeneys hold up play we havent had that for a long time. He won everything in that area of the pitch and if he didnt it was because he was fouled.. Such clever play

Juke on for 30 seconds in same situation gives a foul away. Something he does a LOT i always got frustrated and thought the ref had something against him but just shows today same night same ref and gave Deeney everything. Very clever forward

Rab C Nesbitt

Post by Rab C Nesbitt »

Good to see a bit of activity on here.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Totally agree with the above posts. The injury front looks very worrying! you can add to the list Hoggy, he was going to be subbed then Graham had to come off and in an interview with Friend, he said that he was very tired. We have 4 or 5 good posters on here Rab could do with more but I am content with what we have and there are no dickheads on here now they have all gone. I don't even know whether we have a moderator or not but we don't need one really do we, as we all seem to get on well and respect each others posts. So all is good especially if we go into the international break with 4 wins on the bounce, did we not draw the one before that and was unlucky to lose against the boggies, so we have had 5 good games on the trot and counting UTFB

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

For various reasons I haven't watched the last three games. I know it's silly but I daren't watch another now!

Agree about Juke. Don't think it's a coincidence we've been scoring since we stopped starting him.

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

Stay away Pash at least till after saturday haha

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Sorry lads today was my fault. I watched the last half an hour... 🤣

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I thought it was my fault I watched the bloody cricket but only because I could not get blues tv up and I am in Leeds

Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

I had to listen to the ifollow link with commentary from 2 halfwits

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

Bluemachine wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:46 pm I had to listen to the ifollow link with commentary from 2 halfwits
HaHa