Wood's red

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Was it or not?

I don't think it was...however...

He knew he was never getting the ball and to try and stop a player by taking him out in the fashion is bad really. I know he didn't make much in the way in contact but the intent to take him out was there. I can see why the ref give it, so I think he's got to take some blame for it.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

How many times has Chong been foul like that and all they get is yellow?

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

True that Bert. I remember the Derby game being a particularly bad one.

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

It’s only a red man if refs make the same decision every time they’re faced with the same/similar circumstances.

Probably won’t be a red tonight in another game and that’s the problem.

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

I was surprised it was red but woods is an angry fella so maybe the ref had had enough. But yellow most days. I am however getting sick sick of bowyer’s poor us. If Sanderson’s foul in the first half was spotted he would have got a yellow and penalty to them. He then would have been marched for second yellow later on. Yes we should have got a penalty as well but neither side did and a player sent off. Evens itself out.

berti auld

Post by berti auld »

I would much rather the ref's did their job and the linesmen 3 balls over the line again and not called?

Noosablue

Post by Noosablue »

I hate to say it, and never thought I would, but the championship needs VAR.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Personally I'd never have VAR. It takes away the sheer joy of scoring a goal because you don't know if it will be disallowed a minute later. I'd rather have the dodgy refs. Besides it doesn't seem to stop dodgy decisons, the only difference seems to be the people making them are sat miles away.