Truth in takeover or BS

Discuss the latest on Birmingham City FC.
Bluemachine

Post by Bluemachine »

What do you think about the takeover rumours?

Probably BS but part of me is hopeful, seems there are rumblings of some sort which can hopefully get the ball rolling

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

Mayor says its not happening.

Wouldn't they need something to replace us on the HKSE first?

It'd be great if it was true but could we trust them not to sell to one of their cronies or someone equally dodgy?

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Major is normally on the money, let’s hope in the nicest way he’s wrong, as long as we don’t get another dodgy bunch.

Macca4

Post by Macca4 »

I don’t know how the HKSE works about how and when you need to inform them when you are going to sell.
Surely you don’t need to inform them if you are having talks of a potential sale or do you??
If you don’t need to inform them (HKSE)could that be why mayor is saying no?

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

I can’t say with 100% certainty but I’d have thought advising the HKSE would only need to take place once talks reached a reasonably advanced stage. I’d have thought shares are suspended at that point.

That’s only my thoughts though.

Macca4

Post by Macca4 »

So potential buyers may of had preliminary talks but nothing close, wait to see if the share’s are suspended,if they are something may be happening.

Be great if it was true and it was owners you could see but probably not knowing our luck.

Where did these rumours originally come ??

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Unfortunately not from any overly reliable sources.

Macca4

Post by Macca4 »

Evanio wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:32 pm Unfortunately not from any overly reliable sources.
I’ll put my party poppers back in the cupboard then,lol.

Evanio

Post by Evanio »

Major’s posted on SHA that he’s putting a ‘piss on your chips’ piece about it next week highlighting the unlikelihood of an imminent change.

Bugger.

Pashun

Post by Pashun »

I feel for Mayor. It feels like he has to tell everyone the same thing over and over again but the whole situation is so convoluted, its hard to understand and remember everything he's said.

I think he's said a few times one of the biggest hurdles any potential buyer faces is actually letting our owners know that they want to buy us. Trying to getting in touch with someone who can make a decision is the point where most suitors hit a brick wall.

I really hope Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk have their staff working really hard on this!